Calcium Reactor Leak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Geo Reactor is pretty old. I'm guessing 15+ years. I don't know if I just need to replace but I'm getting a lot of issues with leaking. At first it was the uniseal which I replaced but now it appears to be more of the black elbow that goes into the uniseal. It's a very loose fit. Is this something that can be replaced or anything I can do? The uniseal actually doesn't fit well either. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a gasket or anything. Please advise.

GeoElbow.jpg GeoUniseal.jpg

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me last month. Replaced uniseal fixed the problem

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Geo Reactor is pretty old. I'm guessing 15+ years. I don't know if I just need to replace but I'm getting a lot of issues with leaking. At first it was the uniseal which I replaced but now it appears to be more of the black elbow that goes into the uniseal. It's a very loose fit. Is this something that can be replaced or anything I can do? The uniseal actually doesn't fit well either. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a gasket or anything. Please advise.

GeoElbow.jpg GeoUniseal.jpg
It is hard to tell but it looks like you are using a 3/4" uni-seal (for 3/4" pipe) instead of a 1/2" uni-seal (for 1/2" pipe)? First verify the size of pipe that is fitting into the uni-seal. On the white pvc fitting there should be a label identifying the size. The fit into the uni-seal should be tight and not loose.
GEO

OP
OP
Beerman

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell but it looks like you are using a 3/4" uni-seal (for 3/4" pipe) instead of a 1/2" uni-seal (for 1/2" pipe)? First verify the size of pipe that is fitting into the uni-seal. On the white pvc fitting there should be a label identifying the size. The fit into the uni-seal should be tight and not loose.
GEO
Thanks Geo you are correct that's my problem. The white elbow says 1/2". The inside portion of the uniseal measures about 3/4".

Attachments

• CaRX.jpg
    CaRX.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Elbow.jpg
    Elbow.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Uniseal.jpg
    Uniseal.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 43
  • WhiteElbow.jpg
    WhiteElbow.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 40
  • InsideUniseal.jpg
    InsideUniseal.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 44

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back