Calcium Reactor Media- What tha HECK happened?

Top Shelf Aquatics

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you!

Any recommendations when using the ReMag?

depends on size of tank and uptake. I add almost a whole 2.2kg bag every 4-5 months. If mag keeps dropping, add another handful or so to the reactor until it’s barely dropping. Then I’ll let the trident add liquid mag through dos to keep it rock solid As things grow.

OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Reef Junkie T.V.
View Badges
Reaction score
I a
depends on size of tank and uptake. I add almost a whole 2.2kg bag every 4-5 months. If mag keeps dropping, add another handful or so to the reactor until it’s barely dropping. Then I’ll let the trident add liquid mag through dos to keep it rock solid As things grow.
I added a whole bag to my reactor on my 75/G and it kept the mag pretty close. I don’t remember dosing much at all. Very little needed.

Corals.com

paja3

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Are people picking through this and taking out rocks and other stuff like shells and occasional styrofoam and plastic or is everyone just rinsing and adding to reactor. Pretty new to the CaRx game and bought a couple bags during black Friday. Super tedious thus far picking through and would like to know if I can just rinse and dump.

JMetaxas

View Badges
Reaction score
Are people picking through this and taking out rocks and other stuff like shells and occasional styrofoam and plastic or is everyone just rinsing and adding to reactor. Pretty new to the CaRx game and bought a couple bags during black Friday. Super tedious thus far picking through and would like to know if I can just rinse and dump.

I didn't see much stuff like that in my TLF product. But it took a long time to get clear water from rinsing. Just lots of dirt.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Here's the stuff that you can still get from the LFS in the Bay Area.
1620454320092.png

Pretty easy to compare to the old reborn, which I still have a bag of. It's basically the same stuff. Price per pound as noted, which does come down to $4.50 once you hit the 15 pound+. LFS still has a bit more than a ton of the media in stock.

stephj03

View Badges
Reaction score
Well, I thought I found a source that could get it to me straight from the tropics vs via Ali (HK/Mainland China).

Was super stoked when the box arrived today but the pieces were huge.

16205138766018712625042863497781.jpg

JMetaxas

View Badges
Reaction score
Why does everyone have an issue with the "new" Reborn? Yes, it's finer/smaller than before, but I have no problem with that. Year ago, all we ever ran was crushed coral, and it was way smaller than the current Reborn.

fromjuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Here's the stuff that you can still get from the LFS in the Bay Area.
1620454320092.png

Pretty easy to compare to the old reborn, which I still have a bag of. It's basically the same stuff. Price per pound as noted, which does come down to $4.50 once you hit the 15 pound+. LFS still has a bit more than a ton of the media in stock.
What is the name of the store in the bay area sells that?

Fritz

Have you ever had a Angelfish in your reef tank?

• Yes and it was a model citizen (tell us which one)

Votes: 127 32.8%
  • Yes but it did nip from time to time

Votes: 56 14.5%
  • Yes but I had to remove it because it went rogue

Votes: 27 7.0%
  • No but I would like to try one

Votes: 108 27.9%
  • No and not interested

Votes: 54 14.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.9%