Calcium Reading with Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit lost with my Trident readings after changing Reagent B & C. My Calcium and Magnesium levels have been really steady and consistent for the last couple of months. Calcium right around 450. I changed out the reagents last night and suddenly my Calcium is reading around 290. I've run the setup a couple of times to make sure the lines are properly primed. I made sure to shake the reagent bottles. Any other ideas?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit lost with my Trident readings after changing Reagent B & C. My Calcium and Magnesium levels have been really steady and consistent for the last couple of months. Calcium right around 450. I changed out the reagents last night and suddenly my Calcium is reading around 290. I've run the setup a couple of times to make sure the lines are properly primed. I made sure to shake the reagent bottles. Any other ideas?

All batches of reagent cannot be 100% identical. That is why calibration is required after 48 hours- to make it test accurately.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be a calibration bottle with each box for calibration every time you start a new box and change A, B and C.
Change the reagents, put the sample line into the calibration fluid and prime the sample line. Then run calibration with the numbers on the calibration bottle.

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be a calibration bottle with each box for calibration every time you start a new box and change A, B and C.
Change the reagents, put the sample line into the calibration fluid and prime the sample line. Then run calibration with the numbers on the calibration bottle.
Thank you! Feel dumb, but problem resolved after calibrating. I saw the calibration fluid with the package but for some reason assumed I didn’t need to calibrate again. Thanks again!

Back