Calling all Wisco Reefers

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a photographer so I hate to post anything that isn't considered. But if I wait to set up a tripod and do what it takes to get a beautiful shot you may never see one. So here's my modest reef tank offering...shot with my phone.
Looking good. What kind of tank?

Richardsonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. What kind of tank?
The tank is just some generic 220 gallon green tinted 6 footer. I bought the tank and stand used for $500 last year. It had been a peninsula that had a natural finish with some sort of poly on it so I sanded, painted and reconfigured for a front viewing tank.

I've tried to put things together with as much used gear as I thought feasable but really along with the tank and stand that ended up being only the Bashsea sump, ATO system and Reef Octopus skimmer. I really don't like the sump but it was kind of cheap and came with the ATO so there it is. I bought new a Modular Marine overflow, a couple of Jebao return pumps and 180 gyre, Aqualogic heating element controller and a mixed combination of Reef Brite LED strips in the canopy.

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a small led light collecting dust ? I need to move a bunch of soft coral frags to a hang on fuge (ran out of room in the cube) and need something to light them.

DawnD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and I have kept fish for years together...and he had kept them prior to that. About 7 years ago we jumped into saltwater. I decided I wanted a small tank of my own that I could reach into. Bought myself a Nano all-in-one for my birthday about 5 years ago. I work a lot of hours, so it has been a slow, long process of learning the hard way to be complete honest. Added an Ai Prime, switched salt brands, upgraded my testing kit, etc. Was having lots of success until we moved last May, and the tank crashed. I have let it just operate with my one little clown named Larry and no corals until January. A few mushrooms, one 5 head colony of zoas, and one rock annenome actually survived through the move, the temporary loss of good lighting and 6 months of no water changes. I was floored by this actually! But now things are back on track, I've added a few Zoas, Larry is happy, and I'd like to connect with other reefer. Our local club has always been fun, but only freshwater people there. We are getting our fish room started in our new house now. It will have a 60 gallon reef cube, quarantine tanks, and some freshwater tanks for Discus and Tanganyikans (did I spell that right?). Our 60 gallon reef tank will turn into a 125 fish only, saltwater project. I also keep Bettas...I don't breed them, I just love their personality. If you've read this far, thanks for the warm welcome!

Last edited:

DawnD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally finished the side cabinets (Menards stock cabinets FTW) and got the little WB 15 set up ( plumbed to the big one)

04C14472-F07B-4A4A-B291-3FB41DA2049D.jpeg

2E0E199D-BAF3-46EB-9861-5B0ECE4A60D9.jpeg

332B60D9-3C35-4C7E-A33F-D5C80439F048.jpeg
This is a great set up! Looking good!

DawnD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210319_103823.jpg
20210319_103801.jpg
We have found that photos of the corals look more true in photos when captured with a filter...in this case just the orange lens of glasses for coral viewing.

Does anyone know of any decent clip on filters for Android phones to be able to better capture images & colors?

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually photo lens were a popular gift during Secret Santa this year. Might want to check out the BRS site and see what they carry.

Go here and do a search for camera filter

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just new members joining. They are more than welcome and encouraged to introduce themselves. This could also be sharing your tanks or your dreams of tanks! Hope everyone is well :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back