Calling shroom lovers!

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve taken care of soo many different corals over the years with the exception of mushrooms. I had an og wwc bounce at one time before it split/made a baby and I sold both.

That being said, any tips for a new Pico with mushrooms? 3 gallon, fluval 3 with stock lighting. Differences between the types, easier/harder between types? I like the hairy (Rhodactis?) ones.
I’m thinking a small toadstool, tons of mushrooms and maybe a paly or 2.

Any experiences welcome :) just want to know more. I’ve been surfing forums and other than low light, low ish flow, I haven’t found much.

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mushroom corals. Ricodias can handle lots of light while the other types of mushrooms like lower light. Gentle flow all around.here are a couple pics of my mushrooms I keep.

FB_IMG_1573311688990.jpg FB_IMG_1573311699555.jpg

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower light, lower flows, and they can tolerate dirtier water but do just fine in SPS-type water.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try and get a tonga true bullseye , it will be striking and grows slower than most shroomz , when they get around 1-1.5" they split but dont grow larger typically. Can be had for a reasonable $40 rather than $$$ shrooms and it will bounce if you zap it with AB+ like people run these days , almost any shroom will , its a keloid burn response ..........Most mushrooms can grow larger than your tank

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try and get a tonga true bullseye , it will be striking and grows slower than most shroomz , when they get around 1-1.5" they split but dont grow larger typically. Can be had for a reasonable $40 rather than $$$ shrooms and it will bounce if you zap it with AB+ like people run these days , almost any shroom will , its a keloid burn response ..........Most mushrooms can grow larger than your tank
I heard that’s how bounces are made

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies! I’m curious about the “larger thank your tank” aspect

Back