CalRx PH monitoring question

LeprechaunReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a GHL Profilux 4e on my RSR 525 and have purchased a Calcium reactor, Kamoer FX-STP and Carbon Doser regulator - just waiting for it all to arrive.

I’m trying to decide if it would be worth it to puchase an expansion PH card and probe (about another $200) to monitor both my sump PH and the PH in the CalRx. Right now I just have one probe and I plan to use it to control the CalRx.

Can anyone expand on the pros and cons? Would love additional educated opinions. Of course, I can always purchase the expansion card and probe once my budget has recovered if it’s even necessary, but was thinking a cheaper Hannah PH probe ($40-50) might suit my needs just fine. Not looking to chase numbers but rather just remain informed about changes going on once the CalRx is implemented and fine tuned.

It seems tagging @Randy Holmes-Farley is beneficial to gathering good info on inquiries like this.

Thanks in advance!

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up member jda.
He has an article on calcium reactors, very simple to set up & IT WORKS.
No ph probe needed.

OP
OP
LeprechaunReefer

LeprechaunReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up member jda.
He has an article on calcium reactors, very simple to set up & IT WORKS.
No ph probe needed.
Just read the article and I will definitely set things up with this in mind. Love the spirit of that approach. Since I already do have a PH probe and controller I’d love to get opinions that support other approaches too. Thanks @Snoopy 67

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a ph probe in my CARX to monitor ph. Following JDA however I try VERY hard to control ph with my regulator and not depend on the probe or solenoid. My goal is to keep dependence on electronics to a bare minimum.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back