Can’t choose a light!

Espielozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having trouble deciding what light to put on my 75g tank. Its an aqueon with the brace in the middle 48 inch long about 20 inch deep and im aiming for a mixed reef. Mostly lps but i know im gonna want a couple sps down the road and i wanna make sure im set with lights. I’ve been looking at hydras, kessils, radions and almost everything. My goal was to only put two light on the tank because of my budget but im worried it wont be enough for sps. Please help. I need some sort of direction for lights im so stressed lol

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+2 on the kessil 360. I bought a used one to see how I'd like the look of the kessils. Without actually mounting it, I loved it so much I bought a new one. Waiting for that to come in so I can get rid of the black boxes and mount them.

(BTW, I have the mars aqua lights, and they're cool and absolutely work, but there is no comparison to the colors that the kessils bring out of everything. Not to mention the "SHIMMER", which I could care less about, but it does draw your eye)

OP
OP
E

Espielozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving all the feedback and opinions thank you so much. I think for me its gonna come down to the kessil 360s or the radion x15 pro. Im pretty stuck between the two

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving all the feedback and opinions thank you so much. I think for me its gonna come down to the kessil 360s or the radion x15 pro. Im pretty stuck between the two
I guess now it depends on the costs and if you like the shimmer, go with the kessil. I personally don’t like the shimmer so I went with the radions.

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the budget, 2 xr30s would be great! If cost is a factor, Gen3 or 4s will show significant cost savings

OP
OP
E

Espielozano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the budget, 2 xr30s would be great! If cost is a factor, Gen3 or 4s will show significant cost savings
Two Xr 30s would be a dream but its too much money the xr15s and kessil 360s are within my budget since I’ll be getting two. Im just worried if that’s enough for the sps. I feel confident that it’s enough for lps though!

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two Xr 30s would be a dream but its too much money the xr15s and kessil 360s are within my budget since I’ll be getting two. Im just worried if that’s enough for the sps. I feel confident that it’s enough for lps though!
You can go with either the Kessil's or the XR15 pro now, and add the Aquatic Life T5 hybrid when you are ready to add SPS. This combo would give you all the light you could need for SPS.

acan-man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can boost either kessil or radion with an aquatic life t5 hybrid setup. You shouldn't have a problem keeping anything with that. BRS also has a par test on it with both the a360we and xr15 so you can see mounting suggestions.

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think you can get away with two. I have 3 on line cycling now.

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put 2 reefi duo extremes on our 75 gal reef and love them. All my lips are happy and lfs gave my a sps that was dieting at her store but are coming back now in my tank with new lights.

Salemsoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 might be able to compensate for the brace in the middle? also i personally just love what T5s & XHOs have done for my coral

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back