Can’t connect new MP10 on Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I just got 2 new MP10s that were manufactured in Nov 2020. I was able to get one of them working perfectly on Mobius. However, the other one is having problems when updating as it is required to connect on Mobius. Mobius was able to recognize the MP10 via legacy devices, but it doesn’t know the version number. It just says “0.0.0” as the firmware version. It keeps telling me that the update failed.

The crazy thing is that I already have 2 MP40s and one of new MP10s that are connected to Mobius smoothly.

Things I have tried:
  • Resetting my phone
  • Resetting MP10 via controller multiple times
  • Turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on
  • Unplug MP10 for 30 sec and plug it back in
It is currently running now from the controller, but I can’t create a schedule on Mobius. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

6D88DFBF-D523-4117-9397-385BDE0A73AC.jpeg
785CCE64-81DB-4BB6-B76A-7E7FA2A9FC2F.jpeg

Last edited:

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens to me all the time. It np.it all your pumps and then plug in the one that won’t connect. Leave all the other pumps unplugged and do the install. This was the only way. Could get my new MP10 installed.

OP
OP
Gernader

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This happens to me all the time. It np.it all your pumps and then plug in the one that won’t connect. Leave all the other pumps unplugged and do the install. This was the only way. Could get my new MP10 installed.
Just tried it your way, but it wasn’t successful. The firmware version still says “0.0.0” and it wouldn’t update at all. I just emailed to Ecotech and will update here.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get this fixed? There are a couple of other steps that you can take, one being turning your phone on airplane mode when you are trying to update. I see that you said that you tried to reset it, if you did a soft reset only, I would try a factory reset and see if that works.

OP
OP
Gernader

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you get this fixed? There are a couple of other steps that you can take, one being turning your phone on airplane mode when you are trying to update. I see that you said that you tried to reset it, if you did a soft reset only, I would try a factory reset and see if that works.
No, I still didn’t get it fixed. I have tried the airplane mode thing, soft reset, and hard rest on the controllers. Only one of them works like it should, but the other one wouldn‘t let me update to work on Mobius. I just contacted Ecotech and they told me I would need to ship the pump to them and see if they can figure out the issue.

Last edited:

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I still didn’t get it fixed. I have tried the airplane mode thing, soft reset, and hard rest on the controllers. Only one of them works like to should, but the other one wouldn‘t let me update to work on Mobius. I just contacted Ecotech and they told me I would need to ship the pump to them and see if they can figure out the issue.
Yeah, unfortunately Mobius is more than a bit buggy. It feels like they released a beta product so the public can test it. I’ve had the same issue with a new pump for months. A,though I can get to connect and run, anytime I change anything I get a “unsupported” error on that new pump and that starts a mess ph difference “things” I have to do to get the updated and back on line.

I’ve worked with Ecotech tech support for weeks. They’ve been really trying to fix it. But I think there’s either some denial or miscommunication internally at Ecotech.
Tech support has send me new radio boards and replaced my driver board with a new one. They’ve really been trying. But it’s not a hardware or firmware issue. These given me different methods of unplugging and repowering the driver, most of which of which I’d already tried on my own.

Clearly there’s a issue(s) with Mobius. It just doesn’t feel like a production realease, and it doesn’t seem there’s any urgency to fix it. It also seems, as I mentioned there’s either denial, or bad communication internally. I don’t know any other reason Ecotech would be through hardware at the problem other than they don’t know what else to do.

I’m trying to bash on Ecotech, it’s just really frustrating to spend premium money on otherwise awesome products only to have the same issue ongoing for months and no one seems to acknowledge it or know how to fix it.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try to set up a new tank with only the new pumps? That may work, then you update, delete from the new tank, and add to the old.

Not ideal, I know, but setting up non-responsive pumps in a new tank has worked for me a couple times.

OP
OP
Gernader

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you try to set up a new tank with only the new pumps? That may work, then you update, delete from the new tank, and add to the old.

Not ideal, I know, but setting up non-responsive pumps in a new tank has worked for me a couple times.
Somehow, I never got a notification on this thread. Weird...

Yes, I tried to add a new tank first then, connect the pumps. It was so frustrating to find what's the problem. Since EcoTech told me that I need to pay for shipping to ship a brand new pump to them, so I wanted to find another way. I ended up contacting the seller that I bought it from and he was nice enough to ship me a replacement RF Module chip as we both thought it might be defective. I just got the chip today and replaced it in the controller. Guess what... Yep, the pump finally connected on Mobius. It turns out the RF chip was defective or something. At least I'm glad that I can finally set up a schedule for the pumps.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back