Can’t get apex to connect back to the net!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any tips?

I’ve rebooted the apex a few time, unplugged it, used the reset hole pin etc.

Checked the net settings, reset the net etc as well.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does everything else on your network connect out okay? You say connect back, did you disconnect it or do anything before this happened? Can you get to it locally etc?

I do a lot of network stuff so outside of it just failing there is almost always something that change. Even a disconnected cable that needs to seated better etc.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We had our power flicker the other day and it never recovered. Our network is up and I’m using it now.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which apex are you using? I have the classic and I've had to reboot my wifi adapter, wait for it to be fully back up and THEN reset the net on the apex. It usually connects back after that. If I try resetting both at same time it sometimes dont connect.

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see the apex on your wifi list after the reset pin. Connect to your local.apex (if you know the ip use the ip since it connect faster that way) then setup the wifi. If you have an extender, i would avoid it and connect it to the main modem signal.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having the same problems lately. Apex keeps disconnecting and will not reconnect. I have had to reset it a lot. It was offline for about 2 hours this morning and I could not get it connected again. I finally got it back online again by clicking the reset in the pinhole (not holding it down) a couple times in a row without going into the wifi setup. If I just did one click quickly, it was not resetting (which is odd).

Also, I have found that if you connect to your local apex page (even when it is not connected to the network) you can go to the network configuration page and just renter your wifi information. That has helped get it back online a couple times as well.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had our power flicker the other day and it never recovered. Our network is up and I’m using it now.
So yeah that could be an Apex issue from random effect of power flicker.

If you said you can reset net then assuming you can access locally? If you look in heartbeat on fusion how many disconnects are you seeing or had it just been disconnected since the flicker?

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex jr, connected with a wifi adapter, and follow @tupes process to get the jr reconnected. My Apex classic, which is hard wired does not have reconnect issues.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issues with a brand new 1 month old Apex. I just gave up and hard wired it with the same cable that I was using on my Classic. No issues since.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time that happened to me the brain was done. We just had a power outage last night and the replacement brain isn’t allowing a reset. My guess is the flickering did it in. My big system is on a classic brain and it never wavers! Both are hard wired to internet.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time this happened to me I had to run an ethernet cable to my apex from my router box. Logged into apex via the site and not fusion, reset all my settings and that worked great

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your router to make sure it's assigning an IP address to the apex.

You should be able to access that IP directly.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone. Had to reset the net on my apex by doing the following:

1. Reset the apex via the pin hole holding for 8-10 seconds. Took me a few times and I had to unplug all the power to get it to go into net reset mode (blue status light)

2. Connected to the apex wifi in my wifi list.

3. Then my laptop or phone would not connect to local.apex so I had to get the IP address from my apex display. I then typed that into the address bar, after I connected to the apex wifi and then it allowed me to set it up again.

Thanks to @DarthSimon for walking me through!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Any tips?

I’ve rebooted the apex a few time, unplugged it, used the reset hole pin etc.

Checked the net settings, reset the net etc as well.
Press the little reset hole on the Brain unit. UNPLUG everything. Reconnect everything but display. After a minute connect display and see what you get. Also assure your wifi is working and not down

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks but see my post above yours! :)

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you corrupted the firmware and reformatted it. Glad you got it working. Reset button on the new ones is a lifesaver.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Had to reset the net on my apex by doing the following:

1. Reset the apex via the pin hole holding for 8-10 seconds. Took me a few times and I had to unplug all the power to get it to go into net reset mode (blue status light)

2. Connected to the apex wifi in my wifi list.

3. Then my laptop or phone would not connect to local.apex so I had to get the IP address from my apex display. I then typed that into the address bar, after I connected to the apex wifi and then it allowed me to set it up again.

Thanks to @DarthSimon for walking me through!!

Any Time Brother David!!

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would it need to be reset in the first place? It's probably best if you assign it a static IP from your router, so it doesn't need to be assigned a new IP address. Thinking the wifi module isn't requesting a DHCP address. Seems like a full on firmware bug to me.

Back