Can’t run doser 2.1 GHL Connect needs to be updated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA when I go to the device manager under the Universal Serial Bus controllers there is one that say Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
5203DED3-8AA0-450B-8348-0A52AD31A6EF.jpeg

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open a support ticket and provide details and these photos. Link is in my signature below.

Machpoint89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any body else got any ideas? I’m not sure my doser is even working at this point!

Try another PC if you can or try another USB port, but sounds like you've started a support ticket. No worries GHL will take care of you. No need to panic as its not pertinent to your ReefTank, but merely an inconvenience.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try another PC if you can or try another USB port, but sounds like you've started a support ticket. No worries GHL will take care of you. No need to panic as its not pertinent to your ReefTank, but merely an inconvenience.
Thanks for the response and encouragement! Got it working

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I have a ticket open for a separate issue. Now this doser isn’t functioning at all. In the ticket it was recommended to do the emergency update. I did that twice and the doser still doesn’t operate either with the manual override buttons or the the control center interface. Anyway you can respond with next steps?

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must put the question - are you sure that the doser has power? What colour on the LogoType?

Sincerely Lasse
It’s flashing red/yellow, the heads are unresponsive both manually at the device and with control center. And yes it has power.

halong0511

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now that makes sense. If it has never been updated (since 2017), it's time to update it in order for the current app to support it. The 4 year old firmware does not support GHL Connect because the app was released afterwards. Since iOS no longer supports the previous app, updating the doser is the only option.

Updating steps can be found here:

i got the same problem, but when i update the newest firmware, it can be connect to the internet

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got the same problem, but when i update the newest firmware, it can be connect to the internet
Did you open a ticket? If not do so and ask for a security key to save some time. See Lasse’s suggestion above that is what worked in my situation even though GHL seemed to not think it was the issue.

halong0511

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e
Did you open a ticket? If not do so and ask for a security key to save some time. See Lasse’s suggestion above that is what worked in my situation even though GHL seemed to not think it was the issue.
everthing normal, the light turn blue, white,

Back