Can’t run doser 2.1 GHL Connect needs to be updated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My IPhone updated its software and GHL Connect will no longer run. I’m getting a message stating it needs to be updated by the developer. I can’t get into my doser to program it all of a sudden! I don’t have a PC so I’ve never used GHL Control, and can’t connect with that either. @Vinny@GHLUSA SOS! What are my options, this is no bueno!

goggs29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounds silly but any friends or family have a pc

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What version of iOS and GHL connect? Mine is running on iOS 14.6 with GHLconnect 3.13.2

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What version of iOS and GHL connect? Mine is running on iOS 14.6 with GHLconnect 3.13.2
iOS 14.6 and GHLControl is the issue. GHL won’t connect via WiFi for some reason. I’m sorry I realized I got my apps mixed up. I had been using GHL Control 1.01. I downloaded GHL Connect but can’t connect with that either.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I open GHLConnect (yes connect) I add a new device no problem. When I try to connect I get a message that says “ connection failed
The connection to the device could not be established.
Please note that a simultaneous connection over GHL Control Center is not possible.”
Then there is an OKAY button. When I push the button the doser that I just created is there but just will not connect with my phone and I get no other errors.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I try and use the doser as a hot spot it is telling me I need to update its firmware. If I can’t connect the doser to a computer how can I do that?

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I got my apps wrong. I had been using the GHL CONTROL app, this no longer works with the current iOS. When I try to use GHL CONNECT it asks me to update the dosers software.
My IPhone updated its software and GHL Connect will no longer run. I’m getting a message stating it needs to be updated by the developer. I can’t get into my doser to program it all of a sudden! I don’t have a PC so I’ve never used GHL Control, and can’t connect with that either. @Vinny@GHLUSA SOS! What are my options, this is no bueno!

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

If you can give me some background info, that would greatly help me help you.
  • Prior to the issue and iOS update, where you using GHL Control this entire time?
    • Delete this app, it's outdated and hasn't been current in a very long time
  • Prior to the issue, what connection option were you using to connect to the doser? Hotspot or Wi-Fi? Did you have any troubles there?
  • How are you attempting to connect to the doser now?
    • You should be using GHL Connect now. :)

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

If you can give me some background info, that would greatly help me help you.
  • Prior to the issue and iOS update, where you using GHL Control this entire time?
    • Delete this app, it's outdated and hasn't been current in a very long time
  • Prior to the issue, what connection option were you using to connect to the doser? Hotspot or Wi-Fi? Did you have any troubles there?
  • How are you attempting to connect to the doser now?
    • You should be using GHL Connect now. :)
I have alway used GHL CONTROL. To connect I would open my WiFi setting and select GHL Doser, it would always connect on the second attempt. I connected as recently as this past Thursday with zero issues.
When I try to connect now using GHL Connect the only way it can see the doser is if I select it as a hotspot in my phones wifi settings. When I do that it says the software is out of date on the doser. I purchased this in early 2017 and have always used it with control the dosers software has never been updated and I do not own a PC.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now that makes sense. If it has never been updated (since 2017), it's time to update it in order for the current app to support it. The 4 year old firmware does not support GHL Connect because the app was released afterwards. Since iOS no longer supports the previous app, updating the doser is the only option.

Updating steps can be found here:

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now that makes sense. If it has never been updated (since 2017), it's time to update it in order for the current app to support it. The 4 year old firmware does not support GHL Connect because the app was released afterwards. Since iOS no longer supports the previous app, updating the doser is the only option.

I will watch the video and give it a shot!

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So basically unless I get my hands on a pc I can’t do anything. That stinks!

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA i got a pc a download GHL control center. When I try to connect to my doser via usb it can’t connect and asks if I want to see the settings. This is what I see. Please help!!!!
A233C5DB-6C63-4AE9-B809-E111F979752B.jpeg

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA, not sure if it is important at this point but I also noticed that when i plug and unplug the usb I’m getting a windows message that says the last device connected was not recognized by windows. I’m running all updates on this pc as I write so hopefully that will help.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The COM settings need to be changed to AUTO or the COM port number being used by the USB driver. More info on that here:

If your computer is not using the correct USB driver, you can manually install the GHL USB driver by following the steps also in the article above.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The COM settings need to be changed to AUTO or the COM port number being used by the USB driver. More info on that here:

If your computer is not using the correct USB driver, you can manually install the GHL USB driver by following the steps also in the article above.
Thanks Vinny, I will give it a go when I get home this afternoon!

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I am pretty sure I’ve followed the directions and it is still not working at all. I’ve tried installing the driver a couple of times and it is not showing up in the usb manager. I will try again. I just restarted the computer so hopefully that will help.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back