Can a falco hawkfish be compatible with a green mandarin goby?

smol_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a falco hawkfish with a diamond goby in a 90 gallon and it bullied the goby to death. The goby always hid and became extremely skinny. I finally managed to catch the goby and relocate it, but it passed away a few days later. Don't have experience with a mandarin, but I imagine it might be the same considering both gobies are the perching type.

OP
OP
itsken37

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a falco hawkfish with a diamond goby in a 90 gallon and it bullied the goby to death. The goby always hid and became extremely skinny. I finally managed to catch the goby and relocate it, but it passed away a few days later. Don't have experience with a mandarin, but I imagine it might be the same considering both gobies are the perching type.
l will factor this into my decision.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does the falco call his home. The falco is one where it's usually best if they are the last fish, they are more times than not pretty aggression. Considerations: if the falco calls the rocks, mid to higher his home; he may not perceive the mandarin as competition, as the mandarin will usually work the bottom of the tank. Ask others with direct experience what size tank, as a 55g is a good size tank for a falco.

OP
OP
itsken37

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does the falco call his home. The falco is one where it's usually best if they are the last fish, they are more times than not pretty aggression. Considerations: if the falco calls the rocks, mid to higher his home; he may not perceive the mandarin as competition, as the mandarin will usually work the bottom of the tank. Ask others with direct experience what size tank, as a 55g is a good size tank for a falco.
most of the rocks

Back