Can a Feed Mode also be set to set a desired amount from a dosing pump?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have one of my feed modes setup to
1) Reduce flow of tank pumps to 10%
2) cycle 1 drum rotation of a feeder (pellets)
3) after 1 min return pumps to normal flow operation.

This feed pause is set to react to a timer (so 8 times a day it does this)

I also have the above linked to a momentary press button via a PLM-ADIN card.

I want to "dose 10ml from dosing pump 1" also at the same time. Can this be done?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you should be able to. I'm not a coding wizard, but did something similar once. You'll want to create a dose profile for what you want to dose, then go in the doser coding and write:
"If Feed(ABCD) ON then Profile (you just created)"
You'll probably need a little more than that and might have to tweak things to get what you want, but you'll get there.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you should be able to. I'm not a coding wizard, but did something similar once. You'll want to create a dose profile for what you want to dose, then go in the doser coding and write:
"If Feed(ABCD) ON then Profile (you just created)"
You'll probably need a little more than that and might have to tweak things to get what you want, but you'll get there.
Never seen logic like that on GHL (looks more APEX to me).

How do you do that on Profilux?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm new to this and I don't want to mess up my controller, but I've had a quick play to see if I can add something that may, or may not, help. This assumes your doser is set as a slave and plugged in to the controller.

In GCC, if you go to the dosing pump (in the dosing overview drop-down), you can select 'pump reacts to switch channel'. You can then pick a channel - I have one 6 channel powerbar so I called it channel 7.

If you then go to Switch Channels under the system menu you can select channel 7 as a dosing pump.

That's as far as I got but by going to manual over-ride and turning that switch on and off, it appeared to turn the dosing pump on and off as expected. You would then have to set your feed button to activate a timer to turn that switch on and off for a set amount of time to correspond with how long you want the pump to run to add the required dose.

I have no idea if that will work, as I've only partially played with it, but it might be worth having a look at if you don't get any other suggestions from the experts.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this and I don't want to mess up my controller, but I've had a quick play to see if I can add something that may, or may not, help. This assumes your doser is set as a slave and plugged in to the controller.

In GCC, if you go to the dosing pump (in the dosing overview drop-down), you can select 'pump reacts to switch channel'. You can then pick a channel - I have one 6 channel powerbar so I called it channel 7.

If you then go to Switch Channels under the system menu you can select channel 7 as a dosing pump.

That's as far as I got but by going to manual over-ride and turning that switch on and off, it appeared to turn the dosing pump on and off as expected. You would then have to set your feed button to activate a timer to turn that switch on and off for a set amount of time to correspond with how long you want the pump to run to add the required dose.

I have no idea if that will work, as I've only partially played with it, but it might be worth having a look at if you don't get any other suggestions from the experts.
I did think of that but I am not sure it will "empty" the dosing container volume in the software or not. I guess I will need to have a play and figure it out with a spare dosing head. I might just dose some NSW for a bit and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback

Back