Can a fish dislike an individual person?

Can a fish dislike only certain people

• Total voters

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have a killer Maroon Clown that from day one has attacked my hand even drawing blood on occasion . She will cross four feet of tank to nip me leaving her nem behind. I’m starting to think it’s personal as my friend was helping me scraping glass with a razor and she totally ignored him and now future daughter in law fed the nem and clown ignored her as well. I fed the nem and bam straight after me multiple hits.
Anyone else have similar exp with a fish? Could it be personal?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have a killer Maroon Clown that from day one has attacked my hand even drawing blood on occasion . She will cross four feet of tank to nip me leaving her nem behind. I’m starting to think it’s personal as my friend was helping me scraping glass with a razor and she totally ignored him and now future daughter in law fed the nem and clown ignored her as well. I fed the nem and bam straight after me multiple hits.

You're just tasty, Ray!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now that my fish react totally different when I come ot the tank vs my husband or kids. I feed them. :)

I also had a wrasse that hated it when I wore maroon shirts. Seriously would attack the glass in front of me. Ram into the sides. Crazy. I had to cover up the maroon to work near the tank. Crazy fish.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now that my fish react totally different when I come ot the tank vs my husband or kids. I feed them. :)

I also had a wrasse that hated it when I wore maroon shirts. Seriously would attack the glass in front of me. Ram into the sides. Crazy. I had to cover up the maroon to work near the tank. Crazy fish.
Very cool my fish all come to side for food but anyone stands there they come even tho I’m only feeder. Crazy the wrasse hated a color. Wonder if it translates color into a natural threat instinctually. Thanks for sharing
Clowns are crazy. They look cute but they are the devil. Every clown pair I've had has nipped at my hands after about 2 years. But a specific targeting... that's too funny :D
Agreed clowns are nuts! Really strange she has a beef with my hand and no others in tank yet

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Valentini puffer started out liking me but now when I stand at the tank she puffs up at me and tries to charge me. Likes my husband...LOL
At least he liked ya for a little bit :) Mine straight out day one didn’t like me

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whenever my wife or daughter come near the tank all the fish dart and go hiding but when my sons come they act as normal is it because my sons feed the fish for me sometimes when im at work?
I think food plays a roll in their reactions for sure. Why my clown bites the hand that feeds em is a mystery :)

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool my fish all come to side for food but anyone stands there they come even tho I’m only feeder. Crazy the wrasse hated a color. Wonder if it translates color into a natural threat instinctually. Thanks for sharing

Agreed clowns are nuts! Really strange she has a beef with my hand and no others in tank yet
My maroon clown is a hot mess! Lol

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish hates me...lol...as soon as I stick my hand in the tank it turns into a killer clown. Now my wife comes and can actually pet it like a puppy, I think it's in love with my wife. Can't do nothing in the tank without her next to me

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a porcupine puffer that would spit water at her when she was medicating him. Took about a good month after he recovered for hom to stop. I never would have thought that a fish could spit water from across the room to hit someone lol

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tang used to get angry at my sons when they fed him... Like, show off the tail blade angry... my hands go in the tank, he'd swim right up and circle until I gave him a bit of nori, then go about his business.

Fish are super attentive to their surroundings, they know you, and everyone around you, whether you know it or not.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish hates me...lol...as soon as I stick my hand in the tank it turns into a killer clown. Now my wife comes and can actually pet it like a puppy, I think it's in love with my wife. Can't do nothing in the tank without her next to me
You should name your fish Pennywise the clown

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back