Can a Seahorse tank share the same water as your Reef tank?

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for your thorough explanation of things. I have come to the conclusion that it isn't the right thing to do by combining the two so I'll figure out something else. I really enjoyed your tank photos... beautiful!!!
You are welcome! I get a bit long winded lol. But I just want to share what I know and has worked/not worked for me. Hope the articles I directed you to help as well.

Thank you! The pictures of Abby and Phoebe were from when they were young. They are about a year old now and Clyde was purchased at LFS (I don't advise, rookie mistake that happened to work out) I've had him over two years but I am not sure how old he is exactly. My tank over all consist of macro's, gorgonians, zoa's, leathers, ricordia, and various other seahorse safe corals. I also have a mandarin goby, a conch, an ocellaris (also a hot topic combination) a porcelain crab, a peppermint shrimp and CUC.

Rispa shared some good info too! The only thing I would disagree with is bristle worms being safe. Seahorses are known to snick them and get stuck causing problems like weak snick and secondary infection. I added dry rock and established it with bacteria cultures. One other thing mentioned, gas bubbles in males. My male had it three times. It turned out to be issues with water quality. It almost always is. It's organics in the water that cannot be tested for that usually lead to GBD. Hence, the need for frequent water changes.

Good luck! Feel free to reach out with any other questions!

Amyzes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nice subject- I mostly lurk but I'm interested in setting up a seahorse tank. I think you're right in thinking about other neat creatures for your refugium.

I wonder if a mantis shrimp would let macroalgae grow or would tear it up?

What about feather dusters, sponges, and inverts as the inhabitants of your refugium?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back