Can anyone help me figure out what is going on with my clowns mouth?

tjsweldind94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home today and my clownfish’s mouth was ajar (open) still is and it has a little white thing on it still eats just fine just not being active like normal I’ve posted the best picture I could get, any knowledge on what I should be doing would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
tjsweldind94

tjsweldind94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, upload the photos again, I can't see them at all.

A4175B25-4446-4EF0-B64B-0514FFCB476B.jpeg ACC6A413-3103-40C4-9D53-9CA60FAF4E0F.jpeg

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to tell exactly but I went through this with my buckshot clown fish and I was worried also. Then I noticed he sucks on my toadstool leather polyps. I bet if you watch yours hes doing it to one if not more of your coral. It went away in a about a week and never returned. He still sucks on the polyps but I think his body is used to it now.

OP
OP
tjsweldind94

tjsweldind94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to tell exactly but I went through this with my buckshot clown fish and I was worried also. Then I noticed he sucks on my toadstool leather polyps. I bet if you watch yours hes doing it to one if not more of your coral. It went away in a about a week and never returned. He still sucks on the polyps but I think his body is used to it now.
Okay I’ve kinda read something about that but still worries the crap out of me cause this is a newer tank and I don’t want anything crazy happening lol

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I’ve kinda read something about that but still worries the crap out of me cause this is a newer tank and I don’t want anything crazy happening lol
Just keep and eye on it. And keep us posted I bet within the week it'll be gone. Have you noticed him favoring one of your coral?

OP
OP
tjsweldind94

tjsweldind94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep and eye on it. And keep us posted I bet within the week it'll be gone. Have you noticed him favoring one of your coral?
I will keep you updated I haven’t added any coral but sometimes notice him picking at stuff on the rocks so that coulda caused it I’m guessing

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back