Can anyone help with my Naso?

AdamH300

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He and a couple others in my tank do have ich, but this is not that. It is not raised bumps like ich/velvet would be, but more just like white blotches. Maybe as if it has been cut, but there are no indentations either. I am terrible trying to describe.

My best guess from reading other posts, articles, etc is maybe a bacterial infection caused by the ich.

Any input would be appreciated.

IMG_1658.JPG

OP
OP
AdamH300

AdamH300

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also note that he is swimming around normally, eating well, and overall seems pretty relaxed.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The naso has ich & fish will begin to do there best to shake off the parasite, that means scratching on the rock like jax pointed out. It’s a normal reaction in trying to get rid of a parasite that is eating away at you, in this case the naso. Ich, in a sense, eats away at its host & will also cause other internal & external infections or lesions. Thinking that swimming, eating or seeming relaxed while fighting a parasite is an indication that the fish will be fine, is not a good husbandry practice. The naso & other tank mates are in need of treatment for a parasitic infection & that also means that the whole system needs to be treated for the disease. Best thing to do is to quarantine all fish & to isolate your system in order to kill the parasite. I suggest to investigate the life cycle of ich & it’s function in order to understand how to fight the infection. If not, the fight with ich becomes a losing uphill battle & believe me, it will give you heartache & drain your wallet fast. Good luck.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend you setup a QT tank.
Agree at a minimum you have ich but likely more than one ailment. This fish is u likely to make it without quick treatment. I recommend copper power with a Hanna checker to measure, biospira dosed in qt immediately, and an ammonia alert badge by seachem.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back