OP
Bucs20fan

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nowadays I read all kind of stuff about how to keep acropora and many will disagree with me and I admit I am an old school boomer but... I don´t feed my corals, I try to keep my parameters very stable (Mg, Ca, Alk and K) also as I do Balling, trace elements are constantly added. I would avoid adding anything other than replenishing the elements your corals consume. Fish poop is still IMO a great food for corals. Strong lighting, strong random flow, parameters stability and low No3/PO4 are key to SPS success IMHO. Please, take a look a the tank in my signature to see how my tank is doing. :)
Your tank is beautiful, I will always forgo feeding the corals if I dont have to. You know how the internet is, lots of feed feed feed, and sometimes its hard to really see in practicality whats actually necessary. Id like to think my little acro is doing well, the PE is great and the green has gotten twice as colorful since I got it 3 weeks ago and got it away from that bare minimum light they had it under so I think im on the right track. Its in a 60 breeder and I do weekly 4 gallon water changes. I dont have any kind of fancy powerheads but I have two pointed at each other from opposite ends of the tank, one is a sicce voyager nano 2000 and the other is a sicce voyager 4, so I have some pretty good flow in my tank for the budget setup I have anyway

JMacedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is beautiful, I will always forgo feeding the corals if I dont have to. You know how the internet is, lots of feed feed feed, and sometimes its hard to really see in practicality whats actually necessary. Id like to think my little acro is doing well, the PE is great and the green has gotten twice as colorful since I got it 3 weeks ago and got it away from that bare minimum light they had it under so I think im on the right track. Its in a 60 breeder and I do weekly 4 gallon water changes. I dont have any kind of fancy powerheads but I have two pointed at each other from opposite ends of the tank, one is a sicce voyager nano 2000 and the other is a sicce voyager 4, so I have some pretty good flow in my tank for the budget setup I have anyway
Thank you! That´s a good start. Some people add too many things and after a while they are forced to do massive water changes because the water chemistry is totally out of balance. Keep it simple and you will succeed!

OP
OP
Bucs20fan

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I learned that quickly. Just do the same thing over and over, dont change it if you dont have to. Keep the fish fed, the water clean and change some out every so often.

OP
OP
Bucs20fan

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much @JMacedo for your help. You have definitely helped my confidence regarding the new acro, when I saw all the posts about "nope its an acro" I facepalmed for real.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back