0   0   0
And actually can eat internal if the fish lets the cleaner wrasse in its mouth

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not internal parasites but they do eat parasites on other fishes scales like ick

Ich trophonts get under the epithelium (outer skin layer), which is out of reach for cleaner wrasses & shrimp.

And actually can eat internal if the fish lets the cleaner wrasse in its mouth
Internal parasites live inside a fish's intestines.

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But yet again that's incorrect bc I've read so much about this specially when my take went through a period in which I had ick and once I bought a cleaner wrasse and a cleaner shrimp all of he ick was gone

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But yet again that's incorrect bc I've read so much about this specially when my take went through a period in which I had ick and once I bought a cleaner wrasse and a cleaner shrimp all of he ick was gone

Where did you read all about this? Please share the links.

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it's based off of books not website I read a whole lot of books bout marine life

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it's based off of books not website I read a whole lot of books bout marine life

Which books? I have a pretty extensive collection of fish disease books and peer reviewed journals. Perhaps we are reading the same ones? ;)

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which books? I have a pretty extensive collection of fish disease books and peer reviewed journals. Perhaps we are reading the same ones? ;)

Reef life a guide to tropical marine life by Brandon cole

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we are reading the same ones that would be awesome we can start our own convos

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, sort of still an issue. Only have two fish left from the 15 I started with. The fish still ate very well but then they became skinny and then stopped eating and died one at a time. Same thing happened to all of them. They still had scales dropping off of them as well. Never figured out what it was. Last two left alive are my White Tail Bristletooth tang and pink spot goby(12 years old now). The tang is now very skinny and stopped eating. Only a matter of days before he is gone. I did have a cleaner goby that would be cleaning them all the time. He died too. I have since bleached my tank, rock and all, and doing a restart on it with the last remaining fish are still in QT tank.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it is very frustrating especially when I don't know what I'm dealing with and no treatments have any effect on it.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal parasite would be my guess. They would make the fish skinny. Malnutrition may account for why the scales dropped off. Just a thought.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrsBugmaster
So just reading through a few of your old threads, piecing together your aquarium journey. Is this the fish that were eventually ID’d as having herpes of some sort?
Amazing photos! How on earth did you do that?

Yes, these were the fish that were diagnosed to have fish pox or fish herpes. Lost them all slowly one by one. :( My build thread is the reset of this tank.

To get those pictures I put fish in a small tank, 1.5 gallons, that came with my Red Sea Reefer 170. It was supposed to be the ato for this tank. But it was crap for that use. So I put fish in it to have a close look at them and to photography them. It works great for that purpose. Since they have very little room to move around I can get good close up pictures.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, these were the fish that were diagnosed to have fish pox or fish herpes. Lost them all slowly one by one. :( My build thread is the reset of this tank.

To get those pictures I put fish in a small tank, 1.5 gallons, that came with my Red Sea Reefer 170. It was supposed to be the ato for this tank. But it was crap for that use. So I put fish in it to have a close look at them and to photography them. It works great for that purpose. Since they have very little room to move around I can get good close up pictures.
That is perfect. I have a 2.5 gallon painted black on all sides but one to use for photos and freshwater dips.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back