Can anyone tell me what’s happening to my duncan?

NanoReeferAlex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recently noticed a little hole in the base of my duncan, not sure if it could be tissue loss or one of my fish or invertebrate took a bite of it? anyone got any ideas? and any tips for helping him heal would be greatly appreciated!

0CDEE211-0A33-4953-B234-5A3A0ACF2E03.jpeg AC42E9AF-C0FC-44FA-B324-D9DB2FB46726.jpeg

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell. Has it maybe always been like that? Perhaps some glue came free?
I would just be patient and watch the spot and see if it grows.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If something, like adhesive was stuck there before, that would be totally normal. Also I tend to think of bleaching more from the top down as branching corals grow outward sometimes the older parts change colors. Again, just keep an eye and don’t make any changes at first. If the spot grows reach back out and we can all re evaluate.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is hard to tell, but I have seen Duncan’s sprout new heads in the flesh covered part of the base. I’m not saying that’s what this is but maybe? (Hopefully lol)

but if not, it’s at the very bottom, and unless you’re see the flesh above it start to recede I would just watch it. It looks like a fairly new frag and flesh is already on plug a bit- to me other then that spot it looks good.

Back