Can anyone tell me what's going on with my Emperor?!?!?!?

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the scoop, She is now in QT with all other fish while DT is going fallow treating for ich. All other fish seem to be doing great. I noticed a few days ago she was looking rough, Real splotchy in color and rubbing on rocks and twitching quite a bit. So I did a FWD before setting her up for QT and it made a world of difference, In about 20 - 30mins she looked great again! Twitching stopped, No rubbing and color back to normal. Now she just seems to be digressing again while everything else is looking great! And kinda looks like her head is peeling? What's Going On?
( I am treating in QT while DT tank fallows with Kordon Rapid-CURE. ) = That a problem?

1611122613186.png

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
HLLE???? Not HLLE.
This looks like lymphocystis virus. The white nodules (cauliflower-like growths) can grow both externally and internally. There is no known cure for Lympho. However, feeding vitamin-enriched foods and maintaining pristine water conditions will help send the virus into remission.
Lymphocystis appears as a white or beige colored wart-like growth that usually starts on the fins and spines and sometimes spreads to the body. It can also grow over internal organs, including a fish’s gills. Initially it may be small (looks like Ich), but then grows in size (which is how you know it’s not Ich). Lympho is a virus that many fish carry.
This is very common with angels and butterflies.
This one has what may be developing into bacteria. I would give it Kanaplex + Furan-2 + Metro which would be a good option for this situation. All 3 combined; treat for a minimum of 10 days.
I’m water quality needs to be optimum for recovery .
Diet:
-Mysis shrimp
-Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- LRS herbivore diet
- hikari angel formula
- plankton

Add selcon vitamins and garlic extract to the foods

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HLLE???? Not HLLE.
This looks like lymphocystis virus. The white nodules (cauliflower-like growths) can grow both externally and internally. There is no known cure for Lympho. However, feeding vitamin-enriched foods and maintaining pristine water conditions will help send the virus into remission.
Lymphocystis appears as a white or beige colored wart-like growth that usually starts on the fins and spines and sometimes spreads to the body. It can also grow over internal organs, including a fish’s gills. Initially it may be small (looks like Ich), but then grows in size (which is how you know it’s not Ich). Lympho is a virus that many fish carry.
This is very common with angels and butterflies.
This one has what may be developing into bacteria. I would give it Kanaplex + Furan-2 + Metro which would be a good option for this situation. All 3 combined; treat for a minimum of 10 days.
I’m water quality needs to be optimum for recovery .
Diet:
-Mysis shrimp
-Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- LRS herbivore diet
- hikari angel formula
- plankton

Add selcon vitamins and garlic extract to the foods
Can my other fish contract this or do they all have it as well? just not showing symptons?

juicemanatx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can my other fish contract this or do they all have it as well? just not showing symptons?
Lympho is like herpes for fish from my experience, it’s something that flares under the right circumstances. Optimum water quality and health and it goes away. I’ve seen it a few times and still have both of the fish that had it. For sure run the antibacterial treatment as that’s probably secondary to the lympho but that’s causing the healing not to be able to begin. Good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back