Can cleaner shrimp eat seachem metroplex

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my clown fish might have internal parasites and I didn’t notice until now 2 months later so i was going to just going to feed it to my whole tank but i have some hermits and a cleaner shrimp so is it ok if they eat the medicated food, and is metroplex generally safe to give all my fish even if some of them don’t have diseases/parasites because i know some of them probably don’t?

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metroplex is safe for all saltwater fish if dosed in the right amounts. Inverts and corals not safe at all. What I would do is spot feed shrimp with a sinking pellet and while they’re busy tearing up the pellets spot feed fish very small amounts and stop when fish aren’t receiving food anymore. I would also bind the metroplex with focus to make sure the medicine only sticks to the food and doesn’t get in the water column.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think my clown fish might have internal parasites and I didn’t notice until now 2 months later so i was going to just going to feed it to my whole tank but i have some hermits and a cleaner shrimp so is it ok if they eat the medicated food, and is metroplex generally safe to give all my fish even if some of them don’t have diseases/parasites because i know some of them probably don’t?
While it’s mild I would try to avoid it. Consider placing the shrimp in an acclimation box

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Upvote 0
Back