Can I add a blackspotted puffer and stingrays with my current fishes?

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8" big for the black spotted puffer($110) and 5" for ocellate river stingray($150), will go in a 125 fowlr with:

10" volitan lionfish
6.5" foxface
3.75" picasso trigger
3.5" niger trigger
4" sailfin tang
4" blue hippo tang
Single stingray no multiples, lmk ty

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not getting the stingray nmore its fw, seller trynna scam me just to get rid of it I think
Glad to hear it also I hope you have serious plans about upgrading tanks because I’m looking at your stocking list and none of those fish belong in a 125 gallon as adults. Most of them will get large and much more aggressive as they grow. I honestly wouldn’t add the 8” puffer to that tank either they produce a massive amount of waste!

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I might give it to a friend then, do you guys think $110 is a good price for him?

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I might give it to a friend then, do you guys think $110 is a good price for him?
Price isn’t as important as the well being of the fish. How big is your friends tank? Is your friend familiar with their care requirements?

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price isn’t as important as the well being of the fish. How big is your friends tank? Is your friend familiar with their care requirements?
Yeah 150 I dont want to get him a sick fish though

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can he supply it with iodine? Im confused on that

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you plan on trying to eat the puffer then no. In the future you should really try to educate yourself before making a purchase. These are wild animals and they deserve a certain level of care. If you’re unable or unaware of those requirements then leave them at the store.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you plan on trying to eat the puffer then no. In the future you should really try to educate yourself before making a purchase. These are wild animals and they deserve a certain level of care. If you’re unable or unaware of those requirements then leave them at the store.
Maybe a bit blunt, but this is absolutely correct information. If you need any tank requirement guidelines liveaquaria is actually a good source for that information under the quick stats section. If you are on the fringe of being able to keep it, like just hitting the minimum tank size, then it is easy to just post on here to double check. Going between sources and double checking that they all say the same requirements is good to do as well sometimes i will use blue zoo aquatics for this, but there is always a chance an error made so make sure to double or triple check info

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a bit blunt, but this is absolutely correct information. If you need any tank requirement guidelines liveaquaria is actually a good source for that information under the quick stats section. If you are on the fringe of being able to keep it, like just hitting the minimum tank size, then it is easy to just post on here to double check. Going between sources and double checking that they all say the same requirements is good to do as well sometimes i will use blue zoo aquatics for this, but there is always a chance an error made so make sure to double or triple check info
My apologies didn’t mean to come off as blunt or rude but I take fish keeping serious and I hate seeing these animals being put in conditions that aren’t ideal being cared for by people who probably have no business keeping them until they’ve done their research. I was actually trying to help I guess sometimes I’m too passionate about it lol.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the Gymnothorax moringa?

Back