Can I add a Cleaner Shrimp or Fire Shrimp and a Tiger Conch to my 20 cube Waterbox maybe a 5th fish?

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. I will keep my fish at 4 since I already have them. That is why I am always debating on a fire or skunk cleaner shrimp. I also don't want the shrimp to choose the spot where the gramma is and stress it out? not sure if the gramma would be stressed out if a shrimp is always near it? Right now he seems happy having all the rock work to himself swimming in and out and hovering in the middle of the tank. The cardinal hangs in the back or side of the tank. The clowns usually just swim everywhere.
For sure I want a tiger conch to help with cyano. The shrimp is just something Ill have to think about!
Fun fact, nothing actually eats cyano, just goes away over time as your beneficial bacteria grows. If your tank is happy you should stop and be happy! I plan my waterbox to be a full lps dominant system. I’m waiting on some live rock and then I’ll be buying a wrasse and a goby of some sort!

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the red one more aggressive? It looks bigger then the skunk shrimp but it could just be the all red body that makes it appear big. Ill probably consider getting a small one.
Yes, I do have sand in my tank =) I am for sure getting a tiger conch.
Ill really have to think about the small goby. Thank you
I have both but not seen the fire much, only my skunk will clean fish. I don’t find either fire or skunk aggressive to each other or any inhabitant except maybe snails.
The tiger sand conch is an excellent CUC member.
The coral banded can be problematic.

OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m the same when I go to my LFS. Good luck with your tank I hope it turns out great.
Good luck with your tank too!
So I didn’t do zoas because I heard about the poison and all. I guess it’s pretty safe for beginners.
just wondering you are going to make an island just your zoa garden? It can’t grow once the island is full right? Won’t branch onto other rocks or sand?

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your tank too!
So I didn’t do zoas because I heard about the poison and all. I guess it’s pretty safe for beginners.
just wondering you are going to make an island just your zoa garden? It can’t grow once the island is full right? Won’t branch onto other rocks or sand?
With zoas just wear gloves when putting it in the tank and handling it. And I don’t think it will branch to other rocks and sand but I’m not 100 percent sure.

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With zoas just wear gloves when putting it in the tank and handling it. And I don’t think it will branch to other rocks and sand but I’m not 100 percent sure.
I don’t ever wear gloves in my system, just wash my hands before. Only wear gloves when I frag, to stay on the safe side. They will attempt to grow onto the wall if it’s touching the wall. Also please consider some zoas grow so fast they will outgrow and kill fellow zoas so plan your garden.

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t ever wear gloves in my system, just wash my hands before. Only wear gloves when I frag, to stay on the safe side. They will attempt to grow onto the wall if it’s touching the wall. Also please consider some zoas grow so fast they will outgrow and kill fellow zoas so plan your garden.
Thanks for letting me know I’ll do more research on the zoas I have cause I didn’t know they can do that.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back