Can I add a yellow Clown Goby and a Fire Shrimp?

Manc57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
39" x 21" x 19" roughly 70 gallon including sump. Mixed reef with LPS, Easy SPS, Zoas and Mushrooms. Currently have 4" Timor Wrasse, 3.5" Yellow Coris Wrasse, Striped Blenny, Mocha Clown, Royal Gramma, Rainford Goby. Hi Fin red banded Goby. Candy Pistol and Cleaner Shrimp. Could I safely add a yellow clown goby and a fire shrimp to the mix (which would most probably top out my stocking list in this tank)

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
39" x 21" x 19" roughly 70 gallon including sump. Mixed reef with LPS, Easy SPS, Zoas and Mushrooms. Currently have 4" Timor Wrasse, 3.5" Yellow Coris Wrasse, Striped Blenny, Mocha Clown, Royal Gramma, Rainford Goby. Hi Fin red banded Goby. Candy Pistol and Cleaner Shrimp. Could I safely add a yellow clown goby and a fire shrimp to the mix (which would most probably top out my stocking list in this tank)

I was waiting to see if anyone else would weigh in…..

In terms of tank space, that isn’t an issue. It then boils down to compatibility. Trouble is, that is so variable due to relative animal size and then, differences in different animal’s level of aggression, it makes it tough to say. The wrasses would be an issue for small gobies or shrimp, but if you get larger ones, they should be fine. Do not buy a clown goby if it has a sunken belly. I’m not a huge fan of fire shrimp, they hide so much.
Jay

OP
OP
Manc57

Manc57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting to see if anyone else would weigh in…..

In terms of tank space, that isn’t an issue. It then boils down to compatibility. Trouble is, that is so variable due to relative animal size and then, differences in different animal’s level of aggression, it makes it tough to say. The wrasses would be an issue for small gobies or shrimp, but if you get larger ones, they should be fine. Do not buy a clown goby if it has a sunken belly. I’m not a huge fan of fire shrimp, they hide so much.
Jay
Thanks for weighing in Jay. My biggest Wrasse (The Timor) is rather aggressive and has made quick work of some of the smaller snails...the turbos and the cleaner shrimp, which is larger he leaves alone. Thanks again for giving me some things to consider

n00bReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had a YWG and Fire shrimp in my 5G tank for months until I moved the fire shrimp to the bigger tank, had ZERO issues.

n00bReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a YWG and Fire shrimp in my 5G tank for months until I moved the fire shrimp to the bigger tank, had ZERO issues.
Oh sorry you said clown goby ... I have a Citron Clown Goby in the 30G with the fire shrimp and so far no issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back