Can i build a sump on this setup?

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i'm starting in the hobby, i currently have the aquarium on the final days of cycling. The aquarium is 60cm long by 30cm deep by 50cm in height (90 litres, 23~ gallons)

I would like to build a sump, main reason being that i want to avoid having all the equipment on the display tank, aswell as increasing the stability and maybe have a refugium. The problem is that the stand is divided by half, where each side is 30x30x62cm.

Is that space enough to place a sump?

I have a little 30x22x22cm tank that fits in there but i can also build one myself or pay for a custom made one.

We don't have those factory made sumps available here that i see all over the forum lol, so those are my options. Another option i was thinking would be to make it in two tanks one on each side and place a bomb in the middle.

Cheers!

photo_2021-12-23_16-37-37.jpg

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice, good start.
Would look to have two sumps. On the first one a little higher put skimmer and filter sock. Have it gravity fed into the second one with refugium and return pump.

OP
OP
entranced

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice, good start.
Would look to have two sumps. On the first one a little higher put skimmer and filter sock. Have it gravity fed into the second one with refugium and return pump.
Thats a good idea!, i have plenty of vertical space to make it gravity fed

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back