Can I get ich from a tank with ich managment?

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m wondering if you could buy a coral from a fish tank with ich managment. With ich managment is the ich dormant in the sand bed and if so would it still be on coral?
I have a friend who doesn’t qt and I want to get some frags from him. My question is will I get ich since he is probably managing?
Thanks,

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d dont know, but I feel a coral dip and gentle basting of the coral while in the dip will take care of any parasites that may be hitching a ride on the coral. Don’t forget to triple rinse after the dip in clean saltwater.

Coral-vault

DFW's Premier Aquatics Dealer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We move hundreds of frags in and out of a 1000 gallon system full of tangs and have never had any issues with ich.
Dip your coral
Add UV to your system
Feed your tangs seaweed and keep their immune system strong.
Good luck!

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d dont know, but I feel a coral dip and gentle basting of the coral while in the dip will take care of any parasites that may be hitching a ride on the coral. Don’t forget to triple rinse after the dip in clean saltwater.
I’ve also heard so many people say that the enchanted stuff won’t go away so I’m pretty skeptical.

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We move hundreds of frags in and out of a 1000 gallon system full of tangs and have never had any issues with ich.
Dip your coral
Add UV to your system
Feed your tangs seaweed and keep their immune system strong.
Good luck!
Tried ich managment but fish seemed to get worst and worst pulled them out did fallow and now I don’t have ich. It’s a 30g with 10g sump 2 clowns and a firefish unfortunately don’t have space for a UV, also too expensive that’s why I went with ich eradication.

Coral-vault

DFW's Premier Aquatics Dealer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried ich managment but fish seemed to get worst and worst pulled them out did fallow and now I don’t have ich. It’s a 30g with 10g sump 2 clowns and a firefish unfortunately don’t have space for a UV, also too expensive that’s why I went with ich eradication.
You shouldn't have any issues after a dip and cleaning of the coral.. Most people do not do the proper QT and all have some form of ich in their system. Your fish are also hardy.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back