Can I gutload my brine shrimp as they are in the hatchery?

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one of the brine shrimp hatcheries from BRS to mess around with. I also got some spirulina powder to attempt to gutload them. One of the nice things about the hatchery is it makes it easy to remove them and add straight to the tank. So I didn't want to move them to another body of water for gutloading.

So my question, would it be beneficial to mix the spriulina powder in the water that I'm going to hatch the shrimp in? With the thought that they would eat some of it after they hatch? Or do they not eat until their yolk sac is depleted

Thanks for the thoughts.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one of the brine shrimp hatcheries from BRS to mess around with. I also got some spirulina powder to attempt to gutload them. One of the nice things about the hatchery is it makes it easy to remove them and add straight to the tank. So I didn't want to move them to another body of water for gutloading.

So my question, would it be beneficial to mix the spriulina powder in the water that I'm going to hatch the shrimp in? With the thought that they would eat some of it after they hatch? Or do they not eat until their yolk sac is depleted

Thanks for the thoughts.

Brine shrimp nauplii don’t feed at first. I think they start at around 18 to 24 hours post hatch.
Jay

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back