Can I have anemones in a peaceful tank?

Max H.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 black storm clowns and a boxfish. I was wondering if you could have an anemone or if the anemone will sting the other fish. I also have 2 crabs and 2 snails. Is an anemone safe for my fish?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I’ve read BTAs are pretty harmless to healthy fish. Not so when a fish is on its way out, but then hermit crabs will go after fish in the same condition. That said wait for others to chime in, as I’m by no means an expert

rock flowers would definitely be fine.

Here we go again..

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The experience is different for everyone. I have a green tip anemone and a mini maxi, along with two clowns, a sixline, a starry blenny, a flame hawk, a mandarin, and a lawnmower. Along with a cleaner shrimp and various hermits and snails. I haven't had any issues at this time. I also target feed them every other day with small table shrimp.
20210427_192350.jpg
20210427_192346.jpg

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bta's can still sting pretty good. Here's the thing. If the fish messes with the nem it's gonna get what's coming. But will a nem chase a fish all over your tank, no. All the fish I've ever kept with them seem to know to stay away.

RuuToo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 30 (bubble tip) anemones that cover half of the tank. I’ve had some of them for 18 years with all sorts of peaceful inhabitants. I can’t remember them ever once getting a fish. I’ve had a couple of shrimp that I’ve *wished* that they would eat, but no luck there either

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA got harassed by a couple of cleaner shrimps for 1-2 days when it was first introduced. Thereafter the shrimps decided it’s not edible and left it alone. My fishes pretty much steered clear of it. The BTA did walked into my torch field once, and decided it’s not worth the challenge and retreated. It has since stayed in it’s designated rock.

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 black storm clowns and a boxfish. I was wondering if you could have an anemone or if the anemone will sting the other fish. I also have 2 crabs and 2 snails. Is an anemone safe for my fish
Bubble tips are the best! Stay away from carpet anemone. Bubble tips are just easier and peaceful!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back