Can I mix Iodine Reagent with Core7 Dosing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

My last 2 ICPs have come back showing always a lack of Iodine with the following dosing recomendation:

"I: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.90ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7)."

I was thinking on mixing the content of the Iodine Reagent in either bottle 1 or 2 of the Core7 dosage containers, doing the maths I'd need to add about 100ml to achieve the recommended daily dosage (my Core7 lasts about 120 days), do you think that'd work? I'm just too lazy setting up another dosing pump just for Iodine :cool:

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just do the weekly dose at once, but it's an interesting question. Of course it could apply to all the other traces as well. If you did mix it into a core 7 component you'd be committed for a long time. You must have a bigger tank because I also am low on iodine but my daily is .17ml

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.9ml per day you say. Can I ask how big is your tank.

OP
OP
widarecu

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just do the weekly dose at once, but it's an interesting question. Of course it could apply to all the other traces as well. If you did mix it into a core 7 component you'd be committed for a long time. You must have a bigger tank because I also am low on iodine but my daily is .17ml
I have the 100ml bottle so just thinking on applying the correcting dose over 2 days and then mix the rest in the container number 1 which I think includes all the traces, I’m assuming no funny chemical reaction will happen there.

.9ml per day you say. Can I ask how big is your tank.
my current ICP reading came back with 0 Iodine, my tank is 750 litters in total, do you think the Triton ICP dosing recommendations are wrong for my size?

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am a complete novice do not take my comment as a recommendation

OP
OP
widarecu

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am a complete novice do not take my comment as a recommendation

We are all novice here, I’ve had marine tanks for over 15 years and still call myself a novice, this hobby evolves too fast :)

OP
OP
widarecu

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could anyone from Triton comment? I’m about to mix Iodine reagent with Triton Core7 solution number 1, would you advice against that?

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not do it. Iodine is not stable or at least does not stay in our tanks for long.

If they could have added it to the core 7 elements without it precipitating they probably would have.

Does triton even manage these forums I do not see many comments from them.

anth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could anyone from Triton comment? I’m about to mix Iodine reagent with Triton Core7 solution number 1, would you advice against that?
Hi
Just wondering, did you go ahead with this and did it work out ok?
Im in the same boat and have been thinking of doing this for a long time now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back