Can i start a 150 Gallon system with 4-6 clown fish?

Leo95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

After literally 2 years of research and waiting (and wife convincing), i've purchased my first tank. it's a 150 gallon ProClear system. I'm planning on assembling and filling by end of this week. I'm cycling with Fritz Turbo Start 900. I've seen and read about many people who use 2 clowns in a a nano tank as the ammonia source. I'd like to start with more and i figured since my tank is so much larger... Perhaps its ok? I appreciate all feedback! thanks and happy reefing!

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Leo95 congrats and welcome to R2R! For what it’s worth I started with a 120G, Fritz Turbo Start and two clown fish. You didn’t mention whether you are using rock, but I started with “Real Reef” rock. Good luck!

Upvote 0

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and congrats on the new tank! I am far from an expert but i would not add more than 2 clowns, long term that is proven to be the way to go but i also have a tank 1/3 the size so i'll let the experts speak, i just wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Upvote 0

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After your wife allowing you to get a tank I wouldn’t want to start off with dead fish so I would recommend no more than 2 clownfish then another fish a couple weeks later. I personally never add more than one at a time 6 weeks apart.

Upvote 1
Back