Can I stock my tank with this?

TrevorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a jbj 45 gallon cube as a display tank for downstairs. I was wondering if I would be able to stock an eel in the tank as well as have corals? Ever since I’ve gotten into this hobby I’ve always had a fascination with the eels but my tank I have in my room is too small. I was wondering if it would be possible to stock an eel into the 45 gallon cube tank while also having euphyllia in it and probably a split of my anemone as well. Any feedback will help.

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a jbj 45 gallon cube as a display tank for downstairs. I was wondering if I would be able to stock an eel in the tank as well as have corals? Ever since I’ve gotten into this hobby I’ve always had a fascination with the eels but my tank I have in my room is too small. I was wondering if it would be possible to stock an eel into the 45 gallon cube tank while also having euphyllia in it and probably a split of my anemone as well. Any feedback will help.
The engineer goby is very eel-looking. That should definitely be ok in a JBJ 45.

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The engineer goby is very eel-looking. That should definitely be ok in a JBJ 45.
That's a hard no! Engineers get 1ft and need atleast a 55+ gallon tank. I recommend bigger especially the way they dig. I wouldn't put an eel in that small of tank.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no eel would be able to move in the tank golden dwarf is the smallest and gets 1/2 the size of your tank the same with the engineer goby also gets 12"

i wanted a banana eel but i just cannot accommodate the tank size it needs so had to move on lots of fish/coral in this hobby im sure you will find something else :)

OP
OP
TrevorL

TrevorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank y’all for your feedback. I just wanted to know before going full into planning a stocking list for the tank. I would’ve thought I could’ve kept a dwarf eel or a engineer goby as they have them in even smaller tanks at my lfs but I don’t want to stress them out. My tank is to small my tank is too small I’ll gladly look for other fish!

Katniss26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to know if current stock list is ok long term,
1x 2" yellow tang
1x 2" flame angel
1x 3" clown fish
2x1" lyretail anthis
1x 2"enginner goby
1x2" blue sided fairy wrasse