Can I use a led light that grows plants for my reef tank?!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White light, oranges (amber), and pink/purple (magenta) doesn't exist without red. Looks like you don't understand that red (and green + blue) are the primary colors which all other wavelengths are made from.

800853_orig.jpg
There are so many different graphs on color spectrum that this one is irrelevant.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_imaging
Red is a longer wavelength, thus is the second spectrum, infrared being the first to be filtered out by water.
Again even red penetrated further then 10 feet , as white light is still hitting the reef at that depth.
I believe you are confusing the look of the water surrounding the reefs , for the color spectrum hitting them. Looking through the water at distance from the side, not only is the light penetrating the water, hitting the reef and reflecting through the water to your veiwing point. If you looked up at the sun from the reefs depth the sun does not appear blue until your past 30 meters down. That is the difference!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-125347_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-125347_Chrome.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 25

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White light, oranges (amber), and pink/purple (magenta) doesn't exist without red. Looks like you don't understand that red (and green + blue) are the primary colors which all other visible wavelengths are made from.

800853_orig.jpg
This is how our eyes and brain process the colours of the photons. If certain photons will create which colour on a surface depends of which wavelength that surface reflect back to our eyes that only can detect red, green and blue. The incoming signal is processed in the brain and put it there it should be in your diagram

Sincerely Lasse

fishfishfishfishfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m gonna try it out because I have no choice I’m not buying a 1000 dollar light I can’t at the moment houses in ny will do that to you...anyways I’m gonna try and use it I hope I don’t loose 5 grand worth of coral wish me luck fellas I’ll be back in a week with update
any update on the tank?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back