Can I Use Hanna Test Results To Calibrate My Trident

Robert M Balzli Jr.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do this because I use Hanna ALK/CAL and Red Sea Mag tester to buffer my salt mix tank and I want the Trident to be "relatively" close to those testers. I have three Tridents so I tried it on my Frag Tank and it seems to work. Mag is real close to my Red Sea tester numbers now. Hanna ALK and CAL are close to Trident numbers already, but they are dead on using the Hanna numbers to calibrate the Trident. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this :( but there is nothing in the Frag Tank right now and I'm about to swap out all reagents at which time I could go back to Trident calibration solutions before I buy more frags. I plan to change salt and I wont have to buffer up any longer...

Xyloxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an old thread here. So this is the way I do it if anyone is interested. Whenever I feel my trident numbers are beginning to drift, I will test with hanna alk and calcium and red sea mag tests. I plug those numbers into fusion and calibrate the Trident with tank water. I just toss the calibration fluid out. Seems to work for me.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an old thread here. So this is the way I do it if anyone is interested. Whenever I feel my trident numbers are beginning to drift, I will test with hanna alk and calcium and red sea mag tests. I plug those numbers into fusion and calibrate the Trident with tank water. I just toss the calibration fluid out. Seems to work for me.
Same here. I just test my water multiple times to rule out testing error, then average the results and calibrate my trident to that average.

Back