can i use more than one ecoxotic panorama RGB pro with one remote/controller?

barndtman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i just got the new ecoxotic modules and i must say very impressed so far but i got 2 of the 12K's and one of the RGb's but i'm waiting on the new 44key controller with the remote. My question is my father wants to use 3 of these modules over his 125G predator FOWLR and i just wanted to know do i have to buy 3 freaking remotes with the controllers? I read somewhere that you can power 3 of them with one remote/controller but the ecoxotic website says one per module, which if true really sucks cuz why would i want to spend $150 for 3 remotes. If anyone has any knowwlegde on this question i would really apriciate the tips..

OH just so people know i also have the new truelumen pro LED strips and the power supply is like $50 anywhere you go but its literally identical "same maker" as the ecoxotic one which only cost about $35. Also u can even use the new inline dimmer "love that thing forthe price" for your truelumen pros its soo sweet and i can power both the brand from one power supply just make sure your not using more power then it can handle which i this is 60watts. But it powered 2 12" ecoxotic 12K panorama modules and my 24" and 36" truelumens and the truelumens said "if your using too many LED's or watts then your power supply can handle you will see the lights start to flicker which did not happen.Sorry for the long post just really happy b/c i now finally think i can be done with my metal halides with 3 modules and 2 truelumen pro LED strips but i am growing sps and its in a 55gallon long anyone who has opinions on if that will be enough please let me know cuz other wise i will sell my truelumens and keep the 3 modules plus my 2 150watt DE metal halides that have 14K ushio which i just got for $80 from a buddy b/c im a fan of the 14K pheonix's but we will see how things go in the next couple days without MH's and all LED's

ReefWerks

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of now, you can only run 1 RGB per remote...Im sure there are some electrical gurus out there that can make it work but I have not seen any as of yet..

OP
OP
B

barndtman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if you live in the bucks county PA or philly area and are interested in a 24" 453nm deep water blue and 36" marine fusion with 12K/453nm blue truelumen pros's and a power supply i can do it for $20 or more off each product and they are def really nice the marine fusion is great and i like how they put 2 whites for every blue and it actually started to bleach some of my sps the first few days i had it when ran with the metal halide but now its fine and they give u a perfect mid day setting and u can just buy an ecoxotic inline dimmer and it works so nicely with these kinda funny they dont make one. Also i know the are 100% water proof because they have a nice silicone coting over the leds and i dropped the one in the water "not more then an inch and it is still as good as when i bought it i cept all the plugs dry because thats the only part you wanna keep dry which is why i keep the end caps on while not using. So if u want them or just one of the 3 items let me know but i can do a package deal cheaper. Sorry if this is not supposed to be posted. I mean saying i have something for sale.If not i will make an offer $240 for all three and thats way cheaper then you wil get them online and they are almost brand new only had them for a month and i still have the mounting parts and screws which are nice because it allows you to have 180 degrees swivel so they are perfect for mounting on a fixture and i personally have had the best growth yet with them and my 2 150watt metal halides DE and it def makes a 10K look more blue. I would prefer them over any fourecent actinics b/c a 24" all blue strip is plenty for my 55 gallon long which is 48" long and like i said my sps lps wel all my corals are coloring up faster then ever and gods honest truth i have had growth that i can see almost every other day!!! i didnt even think sps could grow that fast.

OP
OP
B

barndtman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks do u have the old remote or the new one and if u do have the new one is the controller the same as the older one. I just dont see how i could do 3 with once remote unless i had the controllers then i could probably program the IR key but they dont sell just the controller at least as far as i know. So what do u think of the RGB since u have had it is it as good as they say? just woundering.

OP
OP
B

barndtman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone else have any info on if you can run 2 to 3 rgb modules with one remote/controller even if i have to splice some wires i am an electronic guru but i cant figure out if i can because they dont show you what the controller looks like with the new remote. Is it the same?any help would be great. I just dont know why they would make you buy a remote for each module and not sell the controller separate? just ticks me off cuz i dont have the extra money to buy 3 remotes if i did i woulda gone with vertex or some more expensive company.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back