Can I use Reef Flux and run the UV at the same time?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John is it true that this tank you have is a thirteen gallon nano

Ive noticed your invasion issues for months, there’s a much better way than these hands off methods, delays, uv etc

nothing beats a rip cleaned nano, nothing. Why not just fix it right up in one hour— saves you time and months of un enjoyment.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran my UV the entire time. Bryopsis is gone, which is why I used reef flux in the first place. If you go have a look in the algae section and specifically the bryopsis thread, you can see my before and after pics.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Case in point, Shadow_k just finished this in messaging. Instead of sixteen weeks partial action and purchases, a couple hours dedication on a much larger system, yours would take about 1.5 hours start to finish.

just completed yesterday:

Before

B8D336D2-8C2C-4931-A352-86F31FB353BC.jpeg

after, plus all whites

27FFF043-15B5-408D-B234-D631852AE642.jpeg
17BE1597-AABF-4BCC-A023-4CBB1BBE4E75.jpeg

courtesy Shadow_k, helping us with rip clean examples

Nothing beats a rip cleaned nano, there isn’t a better or more thorough way of guiding new tanks. You get to work less when the coralline shows up, take direct action forget indirect action

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John is it true that this tank you have is a thirteen gallon nano

Ive noticed your invasion issues for months, there’s a much better way than these hands off methods, delays, uv etc

nothing beats a rip cleaned nano, nothing. Why not just fix it right up in one hour— saves you time and months of un enjoyment.
Hi Brandon. I got out the old steak knife and did a mostly rip clean awhile ago, but couldn't do every inch because there were some corals that had algae in them and I didn't want to damage them. It wasn't 100%, but I called it good and moved on. It was fine for a while, but I guess almost 100% wasn't good enough for the long term. Unfortunately, I have a very low tolerance for algae. I've had some bryopsis in my zoas, The rock is mostly clean. It's just the zoas and spots where the snails won't go. I think many people would be OK with it, but I really want it gone. Since I don't have any fish I decided to just go ahead and use some chemicals. I bought the UV because I saw it on sale and figured I would want it eventually, so I picked it up and stuck it in there. I really don't need it on, but I got a new toy and wanted to use it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back