Can I use the HI713 phosphates reagents with the HI736 ULR phosphate checker?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know if the HI713 reagents would work with the HI736 checker? I accidentally ordered the wrong reagent not to long ago but never exchanged it lol. I'm sure the answer is no, but figured I'd ask [emoji6]

Nart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call Hanna's customer support or email them. They are very responsive.

OP
OP
fishbox

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... I emailed them and got no response yet. I'll try calling. I was just checking here as most of the time you get faster responses from other R2R members.

Nart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah - when I sent them an email I heard back from them within the 1/2 hour.
I'm curious of what they'll say.

OP
OP
fishbox

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven't heard from them via email. I called but they were closed over the weekend. I'm gonna call again here in a bit.

OP
OP
fishbox

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so Hanna said that all of the phosphate reagents are specific to their designated checker. So I cannot use this reagent. If anybody need some 713 Regent I got a brand new pack here LOL

Nart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha... thanks for following up and letting the rest of us know.
Maybe work with the supplier you got it from to see if they will let you exchange if you paid for shipping? Might be worth a shot lol. Either way. good to know!

dlish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just acquired a hanna h1736 with a used tank purchase. I noticed my regent was expired so I ordered a new pack. When the new pack arrives I realized the old expired pack was h1713. My new was h1736 which is correct. Before I threw out the expired h1713 I tested them back to back. 12 with the 1736 and 14 with the 1713. Not near as off as a salifert test kit for phos lol

JerseyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, both reagents work in the HI713 Phosphate checker. I just ran tests with the 713 reagent and the 774 reagent and both came back with the same reading. If you read the packet, it's the same reagent substance (potassium disulfate) but it appears the amount is more in the 774 packet. Regardless, the readings were the same.

Also, I've used expired reagents (more than 2 years) and they still come back with the same results. The only time I have experienced inconsistent results is when the batteries need to be changed. Again in my experience, I get about 25 tests before they have to be changed.

Regarding using the different reagents, I guess there could be concern the readings are off but you have to assume if they are off, they will be consistently off. So that tells me the reagents can still be used, just be aware of what you are doing. Good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back