Can I use the water and what happenec

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned my brute plastic 32 gallon trash can over the week end which is only used to make my water change water I make 15 gallons at a time. It was dirty Why I don’t know but I used vinegar and fresh water, five gallons, used a pump for half a hour and then scrubbed down the sides and rinsed it several times.

I then added RO/DI water from my BRS 6 stage RO/DI about 15 gallons. On Sunday.
on Monday I added Salt ( Red Sea Coral Pro high I Always use)
I had oral surgery yesterday so I didn’t do my normal water change but today I went and look in
the can and saw all this brown stuff on the walls of the can and on the cables of the heater and the pump.

I did do a DI resin filter change and a five minute purge of the filters before I started adding water to the trash can
3FB49E3D-B955-4ABC-A234-DD0F5163B574.jpeg

alysak6075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it slimy? if slimy thats bacteria from the left over vinegar. Also no need to heat water in the brute can unless it messes too much with the tank once you do a water change.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned my brute plastic 32 gallon trash can over the week end which is only used to make my water change water I make 15 gallons at a time. It was dirty Why I don’t know but I used vinegar and fresh water, five gallons, used a pump for half a hour and then scrubbed down the sides and rinsed it several times.

I then added RO/DI water from my BRS 6 stage RO/DI about 15 gallons. On Sunday.
on Monday I added Salt ( Red Sea Coral Pro high I Always use)
I had oral surgery yesterday so I didn’t do my normal water change but today I went and look in
the can and saw all this brown stuff on the walls of the can and on the cables of the heater and the pump.

I did do a DI resin filter change and a five minute purge of the filters before I started adding water to the trash can
3FB49E3D-B955-4ABC-A234-DD0F5163B574.jpeg

Look like precipitation to me. Check it's alkalinity and calcium levels.

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it slimy? if slimy thats bacteria from the left over vinegar. Also no need to heat water in the brute can unless it messes too much with the tank once you do a water change.
It’s cold water so I do need to warm it up but no it’s not slimy
but now I think about it I guess I could let it warm up to room temp Thanks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back