Can I use these as ATI T5 Fixtures?

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these cheaper T5 single fixtures work for the ATI t5 bulbs? They are 54w which is what I need for my 48inch 54w Coral Plus and Blue plus bulbs.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the ballast specs, they appear to be fine for using those bulbs. The specs of the ballast match similar retrofit kits that are proven to be able to use ati or giesemann bulbs. (Most of those are dual output, so just did the math for a single output).

I will say that I have used a similar style off Amazon with no issues and using ATI bulbs. These were dual fixtures but same brand. No issues with them and they are still in use today.

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the ballast specs, they appear to be fine for using those bulbs. The specs of the ballast match similar retrofit kits that are proven to be able to use ati or giesemann bulbs. (Most of those are dual output, so just did the math for a single output).

I will say that I have used a similar style off Amazon with no issues and using ATI bulbs. These were dual fixtures but same brand. No issues with them and they are still in use today.
Thanks for figuring that out for me. Just ordered them. Appreciate it!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for figuring that out for me. Just ordered them. Appreciate it!
Be sure to update on how they do for you. Not much info on budget friendly options out there. Besides agro grow fixtures and few others. Curious on how well built they are and how quick that they light up the bulbs.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 64 26.9%
Back