can microbacter clean reduce phosphates?

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,so my system is 240 liters fish only tank and it's running for about 8 years.Those years the levels in my system was very high so 4 months ago i decided to go for corals so i started making my levels right.My nitrates was 80ppm and now it's 5 but i have big problem with phosphates. 3 weeks go i added phosguard and they reduced a little bit,they went from 1ppm almost to 0.5ppm.But due to my heavy feeding lately they came back up to 1ppm.My lfs said to me to buy the microbacter clean in order to repopulate my bacterias because these 8 years of not proper maintenance the live rock is probably filled with trash etc and it's not able for the bacterias to make their nutrition cycle.So my question is should i add the microbacter clean in order to reduce some phosphates or should i keep with phosguard???

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume they would as any living creature needs a bit of both. Would recommend you look at lanthium chloride some people here have had great success using it with phosphates.

Makes sense old rock could be loaded with detritus imho.

skp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little late but yes i found microbacter clean to reduce phosphates. I have a 65 gallon display tank and a 5 gallon fallow invert quarantine tank. I do 5 gallons water change once a week and replace the QT with water take from the DT during the water change. I dose microbacter clean into the DT only and ive dosed 6 weeks so far. My phophates in my DT remain at 0.01 and my QT remains at 0.03.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back