Can more then one Court Jester Goby be kept together?

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how did it work out?

One of the two died in the first week or so. But NOT from the other court jester goby. My coral beauty who was always a model citizen became a huge bully to the gobies. And the one starved I think. The other survived and EVENTUALLY the coral beauty started leaving it alone. I think had it not been for the coral beauty they would have worked fine.

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t comment on keeping two... but if you get the ORA court jesters they should eat pellet food. I have one and he’ll sift the sand and pick at algae on the rocks but also eat pellets when I feed them. Won’t eat frozen food though.
I saw a few captive bred the other day and they were quite impressive. So much larger than anything I had seen that was wild caught. I was very tempted to buy one that day, but was afraid they would be finicky eaters. They didn't seem to interested in the brine that the shop added so i walked away. Maybe pellets were the key

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were at Petco on Corpus Christi for 29.99 each. I am really tempted to buy them. They are at the store for 3 weeks and seem to be fat. They do seem to have an underbite.
EF2D1B80-BA14-4A3E-9C30-601678D315C8.jpeg
381257EB-E31D-454D-9732-E27C834D7894.jpeg

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is captive bred from biota, he gobles up pretty much every frozen food I give him. He does not care for pellets or flake food though. Except for I have 1 from blue zoo that they make called their "blue zoo mix". They claim its coral food and fish food. There are some pellets and flakes in it, and he eats it up quickly. And he also sifts the sand all day

Last edited:

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one in my 90 about 10 years ago. He kept close to the sand, sifting all day. Never had an issue with him finding enough to eat, because my sand was full of pods, bacteria, algae, worms, Asterina stars, you name it. I had live rock and about 2" of sand. He'd flit around, picking at the sand all day like a mandarin. :) Never took prepared foods, except for Mysis bits and Rod's Food particles that landed in the sand... I swear he never looked up at any of the food that rained on his head, just waited for it to fall. Had that tank for about 5 years, he was in for 3 (until the breakdown when I had to sell off my fish and other goodies). Model citizen, very entertaining to watch, lots of personality. Hope your remaining one thrives.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one in my 90 about 10 years ago. He kept close to the sand, sifting all day. Never had an issue with him finding enough to eat, because my sand was full of pods, bacteria, algae, worms, Asterina stars, you name it. I had live rock and about 2" of sand. He'd flit around, picking at the sand all day like a mandarin. :) Never took prepared foods, except for Mysis bits and Rod's Food particles that landed in the sand... I swear he never looked up at any of the food that rained on his head, just waited for it to fall. Had that tank for about 5 years, he was in for 3 (until the breakdown when I had to sell off my fish and other goodies). Model citizen, very entertaining to watch, lots of personality. Hope your remaining one thrives.

That's interesting, mine behaves like that with the sand. But as soon as any food enters the tank, he swims up to the middle of the tank and watches for food. But i suppose that's the difference of wild caught vs tank bred.

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, this was a time before they were available CB. He was certainly a wild-caught little dude. I'm looking forward to getting another one next time I get a tank set up (life is getting in the way at the moment). Hopefully the CB ones have just as much personality.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back