Can my Anemone be Overfed by my Clownfish

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This may sound ridiculous, but can my clownfish over feed my anemone? I don't feed it directly since I read that clownfish will feed their host, and my clownfish does this ALL of the time. So can it overfeed the anemone? It grabs mysis and swims over and spits it at the anemone at every feeding.

OP
OP
Kasrift

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
But, it CAN cause extra food waste in the tank... not sure if a good solution for that other than separating the clown from the nem during feeding.
Haha, yeah I can see that. I have the anemone in a acclimation box that is lowered a little so the clown swims in and out. As she spits the food at the nem, she misses and it just builds up in the acclimation box so I siphon it out with a pippette and throw it back out for the other fish to chase.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, yeah I can see that. I have the anemone in a acclimation box that is lowered a little so the clown swims in and out. As she spits the food at the nem, she misses and it just builds up in the acclimation box so I siphon it out with a pippette and throw it back out for the other fish to chase.
That's so cool! My clowns don't seem to care and steal food from everyone including their nems, lol!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back