Can not connect via web to Profilux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never been able to access the Profilux web application via its web server. I have tried via the WiFi host (static 192.168.1.50) and also the Profilux access point (192.168.1.4). GHL Control Center, GHL Connect, myGHL all work fine.

I have tried from multiple phones, from my PC, from my laptop. I’ve tried with Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

Each device shows me the initial setup screen and asks if I want to use myGHL. After completing that and clicking “Done” I get this page every time. To me this looks like theres a websocket disconnect.

I really hope this device is reliable once setup, because so far the configuration experience has been comically bad. It reminds me of trying to install custom Linux kernels on crappy Linksys hardware back in 1998. The controller programming and dashboard seems fine, but the firmware and system configuration is just terrible guys. Sorry to be so blunt.

A24F1A73-EA03-4935-AEAA-C7D79B47366C.jpeg

002701A6-0137-4450-8D6D-C527FEA0509E.png
3F87DA9A-6B9B-4336-BD8E-1B65766B6EB0.png

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify, notice the Profilux web server is returning an HTTP response. This is not a WiFi issue. The error occurs after supplying the admin/Starfish credentials to the HTTP basic prompt and going through the initial setup dialogs.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of things:
What version is the WiFi module and webpage version at? Have you updated to the latest?

Are you getting the same results from the hotspot as your from your Holiday Inn Network (great sid name) when attempting to connect to the web interface.

If you restart the P4 are you able to then connect to the P4 web interface?

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of things:
What version is the WiFi module and webpage version at? Have you updated to the latest?

Are you getting the same results from the hotspot as your from your Holiday Inn Network (great sid name) when attempting to connect to the web interface.

If you restart the P4 are you able to then connect to the P4 web interface?
I get the same results from all networks, confirmed via packet capture. Resetting didn’t

Upgrading the WiFi module is actually what I’m trying to get into the web application to do. I didn’t even realize there were other things to update separately besides the controller firmware until I clicked “Network” by accident last night. I’m hoping it fixes the slowness In seeing.

Now I assume from your post there are more things to update that I don’t know about? I have only upgraded the controller firmware, I’ll look into webpage upgrade next.

I suspect my new firmware is not jiving with the outdated WiFi and/or webpage version (and who knows what else there is I need to update).

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it work from the TCP/IP configuration of GCC?

Sincerely Lasse

It does not. I only switched from DHCP to try static with explicit DNS in case my local DNS was the problem. Hotspot network is stock configuration and also didn’t work.

With the admin/starfish username/password I have noted that - if you change - you must do it in MyGHL too - not only in GCC if you want to use the local web pages. Probably a bug.

Sincerely Lasse
I have not changed username or password yet but I’ll have to remember that one!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you should update the Wifi and the HTML pages file.

If you can not do it from the web interface after a P4 reboot of the unit you can use the Wifi Update tool connecting to the device via the USB port.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you should update the Wifi and the HTML pages file.

If you can not do it from the web interface after a P4 reboot of the unit you can use the Wifi Update tool connecting to the device via the USB port.

It was a bumpy ride but the update tool via USB worked. The web application did not function properly until I did the filesystem reset. Then it got stuck in a state where it refused to stop using DHCP. I had to switch the settings around and reboot a few times until it finally started using the static settings.

Pages still load pretty slow (10-20 seconds) but it seems better than before the update. Clicking on “Network” takes 7 seconds to load (from GHL Connect app). I guess this is normal?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back