Can someone explain the difference between innovative marine 25 gal regular and lagoon as both have the same dimensions ?

Collector1924

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain the difference between innovative marine 25 gal regular and lagoon as both have the same dimensions ?
Thanks,

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I can tell, just two different manufactures making the same size tank.

Upvote 0

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help you with an answer, but I can commiserate. Several major manufacturers offer several different lines of aquariums/systems, but when I navigate the website I cannot find a good description of the various lines and/or what differentiates them. Anyway, almost a week later I hope you were able to get it sorted.

ETA: just visited the IM site and found they do a decent job explaining their current lines. I stand (partially) corrected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,
I have the lagoon. It’s an AIO (meaning it has a built in sump area in the back). This is a place for a return pump, filter socks or roller, heater, and ATO. This allows for a very easy to setup for those who don’t want plumbing run into cabinets and things. While the dimensions may be the same, this tank is actually more like a “20 gallon” as the actual display area for fish and corals is more like 15x24 inches with the back 3-4 inches reserved for equipment.

Great first tank as it can be successful with the purchase of a heater, ATO, and minimal maintenance. It comes with a return pump (typically). You can add a controller like Apex, above mentioned filter sock roller, and some chemipure, if you want to get fancy.

I think the other tank is…a tank. It’s a simple glass box.

Upvote 0

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 lagoon and I can agree to this! I have a 24" Reefbreeder light and had to dial it WAY back for fear or nuking my corals.
Same thing I'm running. I hung it on 2020 t-slot, 13" off of the water and I'm slightly biased toward the back panel.

The sand in front gets 175-200 par, as you move back it's all the way up to 400-425 in places. It's extremely evenly spread. No shadows anywhere.

I'be got it at about 75% of its capabilities considering my spectrum of choosing. But my SPS loves it.

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back