Can someone help ID these

gobber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help ID. The longer ones look like bristle worms? Should I keep them in the tank?

95FBDC3E-56F0-47C7-8753-37EB9F964977.jpeg

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend looking at the critter ID sticky thread in that forum. The ones in green are bristleworms that are generally beneficial clean-up crew members, but they can sting you so be careful. Bad version is the fireworm which I don't think I see in the picture. The one in blue looks like a flatworm. That is bad. Where did all these guys come from? A new piece of live rock or something that was already in your tank?

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m far from a pro but they look like bristle worms. You will get mixed reactions about keeping them. Good cleanup crew with some bad tendencies. I remove them myself.

OP
OP
gobber

gobber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend looking at the critter ID sticky thread in that forum. The ones in green are bristleworms that are generally beneficial clean-up crew members, but they can sting you so be careful. Bad version is the fireworm which I don't think I see in the picture. The one in blue looks like a flatworm. That is bad. Where did all these guys come from? A new piece of live rock or something that was already in your tank?
Bought a new coral today and took the rock out. These worms were inside the rock. Triple checked the coral and made sure nothing else was on it. Coral dipped it twice as well think I won’t put any of these in my tank. Not losing out much am i?

OP
OP
gobber

gobber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m far from a pro but they look like bristle worms. You will get mixed reactions about keeping them. Good cleanup crew with some bad tendencies. I remove them myself.
Alright I’ll take your advice and not add them in my tank. Thanks buddy :)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help ID. The longer ones look like bristle worms? Should I keep them in the tank?

95FBDC3E-56F0-47C7-8753-37EB9F964977.jpeg
Bristle worm and flatworm.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back