Can someone help me make up my mind?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a thread yesrerday about chosing a heater that works with apex. I me tioned that my badement have no source for heat. And it reaches 63 below in winter. People suggested 400w. In total and 2 heaters 200w each. I want something to work with apex. People suggested a controller like ink bird connected to the apex. However i cant find a heater that is 200w per pair. My aquarium is warerbox marine x60.2. 36 gallons, and theres a sump. This hearer for example https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/finnex-th-deluxe-titanium-heating-element-with-plastic-guard.html 300w minimum. Or do i go with 2 of those with the digital controllers https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hms-titanium-heater-w-digital-controller-finnex.html 200w each?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, i would say neither, Eheim 2 200w.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been happy with these. I’m using mine connected to an InkBird.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, that makes more sense. 63 isn't bad. My basement gets to the low 60's during MN winters, I'm running a 150W and a 100W Jager's on my frag tank with about 60 total gallons. But I also throw a polycarbonate lid on top to help with evaporation in the winter months. 400W might be a bit much.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A couple of decades using titanium units. regarding your question, I have a finnex 800wt connected to an inkbird to the aoex.

QuantumFoam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone telling me how eheim can break and destroy my tank... because its glass?
I currently use two Eheim glass heaters, and have used them in other tanks, and I'm not the least bit worried about them cracking or shattering. There's a YouTube video floating around out there showing how much abuse it takes to actually get them to break. You'll find horror stories about nearly every heater out there.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard any accounts of Jager's breaking and crashing tanks. There were a handful of posts last year complaining about moisture issues with new Jager's, but I haven't seen any since. Cobalt Neotherm's had a number of instances of cracking/exploding, but not Jager's as far as I know. They are built like tanks. The most common complaint is how large they are.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 150 watt ehiems switched by ink bird or apex. Or leave 1 on all the time and have the 2nd switch via apex to control temp.

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a thread yesrerday about chosing a heater that works with apex. I me tioned that my badement have no source for heat. And it reaches 63 below in winter. People suggested 400w. In total and 2 heaters 200w each. I want something to work with apex. People suggested a controller like ink bird connected to the apex. However i cant find a heater that is 200w per pair. My aquarium is warerbox marine x60.2. 36 gallons, and theres a sump. This hearer for example https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/finnex-th-deluxe-titanium-heating-element-with-plastic-guard.html 300w minimum. Or do i go with 2 of those with the digital controllers https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hms-titanium-heater-w-digital-controller-finnex.html 200w each?
I'm using the Helio 200w smart heater currently. Works really good thus far.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might go with the Helio controller with two Titanium units. When I was doing research for mine there is a wide variety of efficiency with different heating elements. Just because one manufacturer recommends a certain wattage doesn’t mean you would use the same wattage on another brand. You also want to choose a wattage that isn’t running all the time and or constantly cycling on and off rapidly. my 2 cents...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back