can someone please explain the affects of co2/alk on DI resin?

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i might have high co2 in my well water, or its the alkalinity. im not sure but im curious to why my di resin is exhausted after so little use. and want to know if it will still produce 0 tds even if it has changed color because of co2? same with the alk.

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be that you have a high Iron concentration in your well water. Some well water in Florida has so much iron in it that the sprinkler systems will turn the side of their houses and sidewalks a rust color. I have seen cars ruined from it as well...
Ill leave it up to Randy to add his .02
@Randy Holmes-Farley

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got to do a ICP test on your welwater first.
Hard to give a answer no knowing what all is in your water.
A simple test you can do is a TDS test before you filter, that must be extremely high already before you filter it.

Remember a while back a member had the same problems and he installed a RODI system at his friends house who was on city water but has to drive the 5 gallons jugs home.

OP
OP
Robert McCreary

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tds meter is on its way from amazon. iron is a possibility but just wondering should the ro membrane remove some of the iron if not all? the water table here is horrible we are in a heavy agricultural region of California and the water may have fertilizers and other contaminates. icp is the way to go. home depot had another one of those free water testing promos but after a year i never heard back from them. ill find the story so many posts here hard to keep track of them after a while lol

Back