Can someone please help me with my hammer coral!!!

OP
OP
Natescorals

Natescorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncan

40733AE6-DE5D-4871-BB5B-3CE7BDCF824F.jpeg

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncan’s actually aren’t good water quality indicators. That’s what hammer corals are for lol. Duncan’s grow and are happy just about all the time. They do suck up ALOT of calcium though. Good luck, it was a good score for $5! :)

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the clown messing with it? Stability is key. Hammer’s can thrive in a lot of different parameters as long as they stay consistent. However, if the clowns take a liking...it’ll be more than mad.

OP
OP
Natescorals

Natescorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the clown messing with it? Stability is key. Hammer’s can thrive in a lot of different parameters as long as they stay consistent. However, if the clowns take a liking...it’ll be more than mad.
I have never even seen the clowns touch it they barely even go near it. But when I had the cleaner shrimp I would spot feed it reef roids and the shrimp ripped its mouth open and stole all the food and was just picking at him like crazy. The shrimp was constantly all over him and everytime the shrimp was on him he would close up

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These? I purchased this food thought it would be good for the clowns but the guy at my LFS said their main diet should be brine shrimp.

507E4428-84D9-417C-948B-B5785A18A085.jpeg
Main diet - Brine shrimp ?? I would consider a different LFS. Brine is fats and offers no nutritional value and is a great enticer otherwise NOT a diet.
Feed:
mysis shrimp
small plankton
formula 1 frozen and flake
LRS Fish frenzy

OP
OP
Natescorals

Natescorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removing all that filtration was probably the dumbest thing that was suggested. Now all the corals aren’t doing well. I don’t understand why you say remove the poly filter when it helps keep phosphates down and helps to clear the water. It specifically does not remove trace elements. Purigen also helps to remove nitrates. My trace elements have not been affected from using poly filter. Now my phosphates have really spiked and my nitrates have also spiked and my water looks dirty. And no I haven’t been feeding more. Same as what I’ve been doing. Should of just listened to Zoa garden when he said not to touch the filtration

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removing all that filtration was probably the dumbest thing that was suggested. Now all the corals aren’t doing well. I don’t understand why you say remove the poly filter when it helps keep phosphates down and helps to clear the water. It specifically does not remove trace elements. Purigen also helps to remove nitrates. My trace elements have not been affected from using poly filter. Now my phosphates have really spiked and my nitrates have also spiked and my water looks dirty. And no I haven’t been feeding more. Same as what I’ve been doing. Should of just listened to Zoa garden when he said not to touch the filtration
I’m not entirely sure why you did. Zoa and myself (I’m sure a couple other people too) said to leave everything alone and when you did your hammer was coming back. Don’t fix what isn’t broken

OP
OP
Natescorals

Natescorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not entirely sure why you did. Zoa and myself (I’m sure a couple other people too) said to leave everything alone and when you did your hammer was coming back. Don’t fix what isn’t broken
Yeah and I think you Guys actually showed real pictures of your success and your tanks.. man I shouldn’t have listened to those people that said to remove filtration.

Back