Can someone please help me with my hammer coral!!!

DownSouthBandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer hates flow. I had to move it to a place where his tentacles weren't moving from the flow at all. After I moved him, he opened up more and more for about 4 days and now he fully opens. that's my hammer in my profile pic.

OP
OP
Natescorals

Natescorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its trying to open, maybe leave if for a day or two. If it doesn't open then I'd move it to an area with the least flow.
This is the area in my tank that has the least amount of flow.

65B1660A-C9D3-40AC-A01F-753338267843.jpeg 92277715-1AEC-4A19-BC8D-78D64EBECCC9.jpeg

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread keeps coming up. I think you need to just leave it alone. Remember corals like stability. So many changes is most likely your issue. Just my opinion.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to be that guy, but I’m out. I’ve tried helping you as well as other people (we tell you to leave everything alone and it starts doing great) then someone new comes in you throw our advice right out the window and listen to them and start changing things. Good luck

OP
OP
Natescorals

Natescorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to be that guy, but I’m out. I’ve tried helping you as well as other people (we tell you to leave everything alone and it starts doing great) then someone new comes in you throw our advice right out the window and listen to them and start changing things. Good luck
It’s hard to know what to do when someone tells me to do something then someone else says to do the opposite.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters should be within acceptable ranges - that’s a given. But reading thru all your multiple threads and all the changes in such a short amount of time would be my number one guess as to why it’s not doing well

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to know what to do when someone tells me to do something then someone else says to do the opposite.
If everything was doing good based off of one persons advice to stop changing things why on gods green earth would you start changing all kinds of things because somebody else said to. We told you to stop changing things, you did and guess what? Your hammer was coming back and looking good. Use common sense bro, if advice somebody gave you is working, it’s probably not a good idea to do the exact opposite of that advice

OP
OP
Natescorals

Natescorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything was doing good based off of one persons advice to stop changing things why on gods green earth would you start changing all kinds of things because somebody else said to. We told you to stop changing things, you did and guess what? Your hammer was coming back and looking good. Use common sense bro, if advice somebody gave you is working, it’s probably not a good idea to do the exact opposite of that advice
The only thing that i changed was removing the poly filter. That was the first day I started the thread. When half the people said to keep filtration the same. The other half said I should remove 75% of the filtration. So I mainly lead towards your advice to leave it alone and I didn’t remove everything. But I did remove one thing and yes it was coming back and yes I did leave it alone. It just now started closing up again so I tested my phosphates and they jumped from 0.07 to .60 so like I said I did take YOUR advice and I left it alone.

Back