Can someone please identify what this is

TheLoneCopepod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its most likely not any type of algae but I couldn't find a suitable thread for this... but as you can see in the picture I have something white growing on my sponge as all as one of my rocks. Please help and if it's something bad how can i get rid of it?

20200701_140223.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would increase flow, do a water change and run some charcoal. How old is the tank?

OP
OP
TheLoneCopepod

TheLoneCopepod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a charcoal block that is usually in my sump... had a mishap yesterday where a tube came out and flooded my floor so I inadvertently did a water change lol tank is a little over a year old and all my parameters are good..... the thing is I don't believe this to be a fungal growth as there are polyps that come out if it

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a charcoal block that is usually in my sump... had a mishap yesterday where a tube came out and flooded my floor so I inadvertently did a water change lol tank is a little over a year old and all my parameters are good..... the thing is I don't believe this to be a fungal growth as there are polyps that come out if it

Can you get a picture of the polyps out please, I am not saying it is but the is a parasitic white zoa that loves finger sponge, it could also be a different white sponge?

OP
OP
TheLoneCopepod

TheLoneCopepod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a picture of the polyps out please, I am not saying it is but the is a parasitic white zoa that loves finger sponge, it could also be a different white sponge?
I'm sorry I just saw this. I ended up tossing the sponge in the garbage unfortunarely what ever the white was ended up killing it and I didn't want that spreading... the polyps on it were very small but they were white almost looked like very small barnacles but soft and squishy lol

OP
OP
TheLoneCopepod

TheLoneCopepod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That white stuff is a dead patch, though I guess it's too late now!
Only reason I don't think so was because when it first started you could peel the white off and my sponge underneath was still bright red.... idk lol the world may never know lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back